Respected Contributor

No UPS prepaid Amazon return label but he demanded the package......BEWARE!

I received a defective Amazon item which was electronic and not inexpensive, I called Amazon c.s. to arrange a UPS prepaid ground label pick up.

UPS was supposed to arrive to pick up the return item and place a prepaid UPS Ground return label on the package, and then scan it in with their UPS scanner in front of me, so the pick up of my Amazon defective item is legally recorded.

Yesterday a fill in UPS delivery man came with no label but wanted the item and knew the track #. Did I release it to him....absolutely not. Was he irritated......yes he most certainly was.

Now Amazon will contact UPS and call me with another UPS return pick up track # and they were relived I did not release the item to him. TO have done so would have also been against Amazon's return policy.

Why would I trust a stranger and hand over any item to him with no documentation? So he could possibly take it home and enjoy it with no legal paperwork to support my claim that he arrived with no prepaid UPS label, but I released the package to him in good faith. I do not have that kind of blind faith in anyone, especially not after becoming an identity theft and fraud victim.

No wonder there is so much theft and fraud of package deliveries and pick ups.

So beware as this coming out with no prepaid UPS ground return label is illegal, and he also had the audacity on the UPS web site to state he made a first attempt to pick up the item yesterday, but the package was not ready......which is a lie.

The package was sealed and ready but was going no where without the proper UPS return Ground Label and UPS scanner used to document the UPS release by me and legal pick up by UPS carrier.

I also filed a complaint with UPS directly yesterday, and they agreed it was against UPS policy and protocol to show up with no prepaid label and expect the customer to just hand over the UPS return with no legal supporting UPS documentation.

They also said the would notify the UPS Depot which delivers to my area, and address this matter with the Depot Manager and the UPS driver. Also I would receive a follow up resolution communication directly from my Depot Manager.

Just wanted to post this so others know it can occur, and not be scammed.

Honored Contributor

Re: No UPS prepaid Amazon return label but he demanded the package......BEWARE!

I've never had UPS show up without a label. Strange.

Esteemed Contributor

This will be worked out. Thanks for the info.
Honored Contributor

It is very odd that there was no return label. Whenever I have something that must go back via UPS I will always take it myself to my local UPS store.

Honored Contributor

It's possible he was just trying to cut corners and be expedient (or lazy) and not steal the item, but either way, it's important to stand up to people and make sure proper procedure is followed. Money is on the line here and this could have ended up in more red tape and phone calls for you.

It's good that you reported it to UPS because it is definitely a training issue that needs to be addressed. It could also be part of a pattern they were noticing with missing packages.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I returned a Keurig item and QVC told me to just put my return label on just like I would when I returned it and put it on the porch. I did. I guess it got there because I got my credit. I didn't even see the UPS guy.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear about the aggravation! Good thing you didn't just hand it over without a label!

Whenever I've had to return something to Amazon, I've had them send me the prepaid label through an email and I just print and attach the label myself. This way I know the package is ready to go.

Honored Contributor

usually customer prints return label through their account

Esteemed Contributor

I've always gotten the pre-paid return label for Amazon by Amazon sending it to me by email if I contacted customer service, or by clicking on the return link on the order. I just print it out and put it on the package.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Evidently it is not odd at all that that Amazon contacts UPS for a customer residential pick up, and the UPS driver is supposed to arrive with the prepaid Amazon UPS Ground Label.

Amazon also stated the same information below......."live and learn"....but be aware.

This information below is directly from Amazon.com

Returns Center > Choose Items to Return

The items for this order are displayed below. Please follow the return instructions that are displayed for each item. For more details on what can be returned, please see our Return Policy.

Order Date I blocked out

Return Information:

We are waiting to receive your return

Refund requested on: July 23, 2014
Your Return Label
Print All

All items must be sent by Aug 19, 2014.
Additional Instructions for mailing your package
• We've scheduled a UPS pickup for your return. (You don’t need to contact UPS). Please securely pack the items to be returned. Within the next 2-5 business days a UPS driver will attempt to pick up your return. The UPS driver will bring a prepaid label for your package.?You can contact UPS to see if they can give you more specific information about the schedule of the pickup; their phone number is 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877). Please reference this tracking number if you call them:
Pickup Address

Return Authorization Label
Cut this and place inside the return package

If you need to modify your return, cancel this return. Once you have canceled the return you will be able to start a new return and update your selections.