Valued Contributor

3-Piece Glass Cloche Dome with Mirror Insert and Footed Base H203479

I love this piece and a few are popping back into stock now and then. What does everyone think about the possibility of something like this becoming available in the stores? I am trying to decide whether to order it, but would way rather find it locally and not pay shipping.

Lisa had this styled so pretty in her show the other night.

Honored Contributor

Re: 3-Piece Glass Cloche Dome with Mirror Insert and Footed Base H203479

I've seen so many cloches out in retail-at much better prices. I have also seen small mirrors that could be placed in the bottom. HL and Michaels has them.
Trusted Contributor

Hi rosehill,

I did order it before it was presented cause I haven't seen any with the glass pedestal bottom part but I am sure they are out there.

I would have to drive 45 miles one way to Michaels and 25 one way to HL so by the time I buy my gas to go there and home, I probably would have spent as much on it and that is if they have what I want. I liked the idea of the bottom piece to put the battery box into it and cover it with something. If I find something while out and about that is as nice as this one, I can always cancel. Not going to be shipped till the middle of Sept.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

JPC: I'm sure you will love it and you are creative enough to keep it decorated from holiday to holiday with new touches.

MTH

Trusted Contributor

Thanks MTH,

It is something that can be used thru the year and not just at Xmas time. Wish I lived closer to Michaels and HL (or maybe I don't cause I could get myself it big trouble).

JPC

Trusted Contributor

I have seen cloches everywhere...much better prices too.

Respected Contributor

I think I can recreate the look with the cloches I already own and craft store mirrors. I'm not very crafty, but this seem pretty easy to do. I think putting those clear dots normally used on the bottom of items to prevent the item from scratching another surface could be attached to the bottom of the mirror to keep it from sliding off the bottom of the cloche or you could glue a round of cork to the mirror's bottom to create a ledge to hold it in place.

Super Contributor

Hi Rose! I'm off to try to find a video of Lisa and the cloche. I missed her show, forgot to record it. If you like it sistah, I probably will too!!

I say get it if you can't get it out of your mind days later. I can justify paying the S&H if I still really want it.

Cloches are a weakness for me! Have not seen one yet I didn't like.

Super Contributor

Rosehill, just watched Lisa & the mirror cloche. Luv the way she styled the different cloches! I think we can reproduce all of them.

Especially like the cloche inside the grapevine (?) wreath with the pumpkin. Great fall vignette! Thinking about this for my round table in the kitchen. The micro lights will set the whole thing off.

Thanks so much Rose for this thread; don't think I would have searched for the video without it.

Valued Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Just Plain Crazy said:

Hi rosehill,

I did order it before it was presented cause I haven't seen any with the glass pedestal bottom part but I am sure they are out there.

I would have to drive 45 miles one way to Michaels and 25 one way to HL so by the time I buy my gas to go there and home, I probably would have spent as much on it and that is if they have what I want. I liked the idea of the bottom piece to put the battery box into it and cover it with something. If I find something while out and about that is as nice as this one, I can always cancel. Not going to be shipped till the middle of Sept.

JPC

Good thinking, JPC. You have time to see if anything turns up. It's a versatile item, being able to hide the battery boxes below. I used some little lights in a cloche I have last holiday season, and I had to hide the battery box inside the cloche with some artificial snowflakes on top of it. This set up is better. Do you happen to know if they charge your credit card right away if it doesn't ship out until middle Sept?