Trusted Contributor

More Christmas Decorating Shows Like Lisa's

I did not catch Lisa's show last night. I have actually never seen one of her decorating shows (I don't know why) but did watch the videos (that are available) for some of the products that were shown.

THIS is the kind of show I would like to see on more often. This was not a show put together with the various Christmas items that can be seen in any number of Q shows, but a specific decorating style. The set was beautiful, the product made sense and I wish the entire show were available to watch online with a single "click."

The color scheme used iin Lisa's show is not necessarily the colors I enjoy using at Christmas, but I could appreciate the decorating ideas. What I would like to see in future years (too late for this year) is this type of show in various color schemes and styles. One show per color scheme/style. Instead of a hodge-podge of various items, Christmas decorating shows with a theme.

Choose 4 hosts (or however many) who have different Christmas decorating styles and let them work with vendors to create what they want and then each have their own Christmas decorating show like Lisa R. had hers last evening.

Granted, everyone will not like each decorating style, but we can still get ideas and those that like the style being presented will have several items to choose from to compliment what they already have.

Whimsical (colorful, glitter, candies), woodland (forest animals, gnomes, outdoorsy fishing, hunting), traditional (red, green, poinsettas, Santa), garden (birds, glass orns, garden tools, fairies, flowers), country (plaid, hearts, rocking chairs, rolling pins), polo (thinking of horse-themed, brown plaids, riding boots), the possibilities are endless. Color schemes.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Regular Contributor

Re: More Christmas Decorating Shows Like Lisa's

I caught the last 45 minutes of the show and I thought they did a beautiful job. The set was amazing and the products were outstanding. I was actually surprised that the shipping wasn't outrageous and seemed to be in line with what I would expect to pay. Lisa really loves decorating for Christmas and that came through. I really enjoyed what I saw and thought they covered a wide variety of decorating styles that could be incorporated into many different tastes.

Respected Contributor

I also only saw about 20 minutes of the show, but it was different - not the usual Christmas in July stuff. Lisa did a great job, as I think she always does. The products and ideas I saw were well worth trying myself. I agree with both the above - please give us more of this type of show. It was thoroughly enjoyable, entertaining and idea provoking. Good job, Lisa.

Valued Contributor

I was thinking this very thing last night, too: that I would love to see themed shows put together and not thrown together haphazardly. Those types of shows are inspirational for decorating ideas, and I would be very interested in seeing different host's styles represented. When a host truly enjoys what they are presenting, it shows. More fun to watch, that way. I really like the way vendors are starting to create items per various host's specifications, because they have been showing items for many years & know what type of quality to include in different things. Case in point: the bushier garlands that LR arranged with Bethlehem Lights.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

That's a great idea! I would love to see decor shows with the offered items curated around a theme and with how-to tips as a part of the show. The difficulty would be finding a combination of products with broad appeal. I think that's one reason that Valerie's and Lisa's choices often sell out. It doesn't hurt that Lisa is the consummate sales person. I used to say that Kathy Levine could sell me almost anything and Lisa certainly could sell me almost any Christmas decor item.

Honored Contributor

On 7/21/2014 Marsha2003 said:

That's a great idea! I would love to see decor shows with the offered items curated around a theme and with how-to tips as a part of the show. The difficulty would be finding a combination of products with broad appeal. I think that's one reason that Valerie's and Lisa's choices often sell out. It doesn't hurt that Lisa is the consummate sales person. I used to say that Kathy Levine could sell me almost anything and Lisa certainly could sell me almost any Christmas decor item.

I miss her and Linda Dano shows...sigh.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I, too, would like to see specific decorating styles presented in their own individual show. I would watch.

I'm afraid, though, that QVC would insist on injecting the TSV into the program whether it "fits" or not. They certainly insist on doing it to the Lisa R and VPH CIJ shows. I think it interrupts the flow and I find it very annoying.

Contributor

I agree. Would like to see more shows similar to last nights. Nice quality and classy items without the usual ""dime store"" junk.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Frankly other than Valerie Parr Hill's shows, Lisa's show was the only show worth watching this weekend.

People want decorating ideas and how-to's...not constant "buy this because it lights up and is cute" shoved down their throats.

Valued Contributor

I think it's a great idea for the Q to consider. And Lisa is a natural when it comes to choosing and presenting sophisticated Christmas decor. Her passion, if not her particular selections, is infectious.