Trusted Contributor

H203277 Valerie's Mercury Glass Finials - Frozen

I didn't make up my mind in time to order these finials when they were on-air but I thought they were beautiful. BUT, I see the blue are still in stock. My first thought when I saw the blue during the presentation was, why aren't you mentioning the movie, Frozen? They were selling the dolls on advanced order pretty heavily and how perfect would these blue finials go in a child's Frozen-themed birthday party? Or even a Christmas icicle and snowflake theme? White, blue and silver could be your color scheme and the blue finials would look great in that setting.

The blue just screamed Elsa's dress to me and I thought how perfect for a Frozen birthday party or Frozen Christmas party.

Honored Contributor

Re: H203277 Valerie's Mercury Glass Finials - Frozen

Personally, I don't have any children, so you can take my answer like a grain of salt. Although the blue finials will go great with the frozen theme, it's not practical. since they are made of MG, not plastic or unbreakable material.

Unless they were put on a mantel away from possible breakage, I wouldn't get them for that reason.

If someone liked your idea, I would suggest them getting the blue and silver in the spheres...less likely to tip over and break Smile

Trusted Contributor

I did think of the fragileness around children but thought these on a decorated highboard that does not have anything on it (like food) that little hands would be reaching for, the blue finials would work. I would not put them on a low table where treats or crafts would be housed because that's just asking for trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

I am such a klutz....I would never buy any of the glass stuff Val and LR was selling last night...it all looked so nice but it would be a disaster in my home....for sure I would not trust anything glass at a kids party....

Honored Contributor

On 7/21/2014 Sakuya said:

I did think of the fragileness around children but thought these on a decorated highboard that does not have anything on it (like food) that little hands would be reaching for, the blue finials would work. I would not put them on a low table where treats or crafts would be housed because that's just asking for trouble.

Well then of coarse it would be a nice addition to a theme party displayed as you mentioned. I would also consider the amount of usage later too...if it fit in the buyer's decor at all, holiday or otherwise so it wouldn't be for a one time usage.

Valerie did display the blue finials during one of her earlier shows when she presented other items...the grouping with the tall glitter angel, silver spheres, her blue/green spheres 'hot pic' etc Smile

Trusted Contributor

I would like them with 4th of July decorating as well. The blue would also go for those who decorate in jewel tones at Christmas.

Valued Contributor

Sakuya, those blue finials would be stunning if you were doing a Frozen party. I was in Target this weekend with my grand daughter and I purchased Elsas dress for her. She loves to dress up. The blue and white diamond spheres of Valeries would be lovely too. Wouldn't a Frozen party be fun to do?

Trusted Contributor

If I had little ones I would adore putting together a Frozen party!