Regular Contributor

Does the glitter on Lisa's bay leaf items come off?

For you ladies that have Lisa's glittered bay leaf items from last year, does the glitter come off or is it baked in? TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Does the glitter on Lisa's bay leaf items come off?

The bay leaf items are new this year.

Super Contributor

However, if you want to know about last year's cedar items, then YES they come off horribly but they are gorgeous though.

Respected Contributor

Usually if it has glitter it will be a ""glitter-bomb"". I love the look but never do and decorating with the glitter covered items.

Esteemed Contributor

I received the champagne bay leaf picks today.

I am so glad I remembered to take these outside to open. They are covered in super-fine dust-like champagne glitter, and speckled with small silver bits of tinsel.

The saddest part is that there are obvious patches where there is no glitter, and these areas are unfortunately on the most obvious leaves, as if they could have been packaged before they were dry.

I shook them like crazy anyway, and the glitter just never stopped. I had initially thought that I might try spraying them with clear spray paint, to stop the glitter, until I saw how there were so many empty patches.

By the way, the leaves are actually clear plastic on the champagne picks. The added colors come from the glitter and tinsel. That may be why the empty patches stand out so badly, because they are colorless/clear.

I hope others continue to have better luck with these than I did. I'm sure they will make someone's tree and garland gorgeous this year, just not mine.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} Oh well, you can't win them all.

Honored Contributor

On 7/25/2014 SHOPR said:

I received the champagne bay leaf picks today.

I am so glad I remembered to take these outside to open. They are covered in super-fine dust-like champagne glitter, and speckled with small silver bits of tinsel.

The saddest part is that there are obvious patches where there is no glitter, and these areas are unfortunately on the most obvious leaves, as if they could have been packaged before they were dry.

I shook them like crazy anyway, and the glitter just never stopped. I had initially thought that I might try spraying them with clear spray paint, to stop the glitter, until I saw how there were so many empty patches.

By the way, the leaves are actually clear plastic on the champagne picks. The added colors come from the glitter and tinsel. That may be why the empty patches stand out so badly, because they are colorless/clear.

I hope others continue to have better luck with these than I did. I'm sure they will make someone's tree and garland gorgeous this year, just not mine.

{#emotions_dlg.sad} Oh well, you can't win them all.

Hi SHOPR,

Wow! So sorry your picks are terrible! Our gold and bronze were perfect with barely a flake of glitter in the boxes.

I just can't get over HOW QVC doesn't get a better handle on QC...it's just ridiculous!

Trusted Contributor

The garlands that Lisa had last year SHED LIKE #@)*%#. Seriously.

I don't know about this year's I haven't ordered anything yet.

Respected Contributor

The glitter shreds like mad and is so fine that you are afraid to breathe.

I got rid of all items that shed glitter last year.

Lisa's favorite items are gorgeous but no exception, because they also shed so much.

I really hate having to constantly clean glitter, because the items were beautiful and I bought a lot but they were not easy to maintain.

Regular Contributor

Wouldn't spraying a light coating of a fixative, available at Micheal's or Joanne's help with this glitter problem....?

Respected Contributor

imxpnsive
I tried a few different sprays recommended by craft pro's and all they did was make the items stink, sticky and tacky, and the ingredients caused the items to look and feel very brittle and unattractive.
So into the trash they all went. A big financial loss for sure, but at least no more irritating and unsafe to breath glitter to contend with.
On 7/26/2014 imxpnsive said:

Wouldn't spraying a light coating of a fixative, available at Micheal's or Joanne's help with this glitter problem....?