Regular Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill - Set of 3 Mini Gingerbread Houses H203148

Anybody buying this set from Valerie. I keep looking at it and am so tempted to buy for myself nd to divide and give as gifts. By the way, is a gingerbread house a gift that I can give to someone who does not celebrate Christmas. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill - Set of 3 Mini Gingerbread Houses H203148

I would not

only because I don't think just dividing up a set like that is not a good idea and they are really Christmas-y, realistically what are you going to do with just one.

Regular Contributor

I ordered it too I also ordered the bigger gingerbread set. Will take a look at both.
Honored Contributor

Mine are on the way. These are supposedly the mini version of the big houses Valerie is bringing in a month or so.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I would not give someone one of these if they do not celebrate Christmas. If it didn't look so Christmas-ey (new word), I would give to them at another time of year. They are adorable. I was very tempted to buy as gifts; however, everyone I hang with is like me in that they have enough stuff and are trying to de-clutter.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

I did buy them and I cannot wait to get them!

Regular Contributor

Mine just came and they are super nice. The amount of detail Valerie has incorporated on these gingerbread houses is amazing, but all of her products are like that, so why was I surprised. Very nice set. So glad I ordered.

Honored Contributor

OP, I don't own this (or any other gingerbread houses) but I think dividing the set would work, because I always feel too many of them looks cluttery and juvenile (which is ok if you have kiddos). I would probably like having just one, and not an entire collection, as I can think of lots of other things to pair it with in a vignette.

As far as giving it to someone who doesn"t celebrate Christmas, I guess it depends on how well you know them and what they like. Most people tend to associate them with Christmas, but they don't scream that to me. I think if the recipient loves to bake and cook, they would find it a cute addition to their kitchen. Just maybe don't give it to them during the holiday season, as it could be perceived as a Christmas gift, even though it's theme isn't all that Christmasy (to me anyway). Some folks to gingies in their kitchen all year.

Super Contributor

I almost did get them but really didn't need them. I already have a bunch of GB villages I put out that look like these as I love the candy theme and I don't think it looks ""juvenile"" at all (plus I don't have kids either).

Regular Contributor

I ordered them. Didn't like, thought they were tacky. Waiting for the big set. Sent the small set back.