Occasional Contributor

I was hoping for some advice on pressure washing… I want to have my home, deck, shed and fence pressure washed. My home is about 3,200 square feet and the deck is about 300 square feet - I received an estimate of $700. I was really shocked but haven't had anything done like this in quite some time. I was really impressed with his reviews and how responsive he has been. Any thoughts out there?

Esteemed Contributor

I always get three to four estimates whenever I'm having work done ~ mostly so I know whether the estimates are within range. I've never hired pressure washing out; however, the job sounds as though it would be several hours and I would imagine a contractor for that kind of work would charge at least $25-30 per hour. Good luck in your decision.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I have a family member who does a lot of pressure washing. Is your house one story or two? Two stories could influence the cost, especially if it's one of the newer homes that are so high. Also, how big is your shed, and what kind of fence and how big/long? All those things have to be considered. I think $700 sounds high, but it all depends on answers to the above questions. I would guess in my area, something like that would be at least between $350 & $500 depending on answers to those questions--maybe more. It's definitely not cheap! I know my family member used to be paid $150 every time he pressure-washed a concrete parking area around a nearby business, and it wasn't all that big.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for the responses!

Honored Contributor

just had some pressure washing done and this doesn't seem too high get some more quotes.

It takes longer than you would think to do this.