Super Contributor

DOES ANYONE HERE GET 64 LOADS OUT OF A 100 FL OZ BOTTLE OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT?

I KNOW I DON'T ......SEEMS IM ALWAYS BUYING LIQUID DETERGENT. I USE TIDE LIQUID

AND IT STATES ON THE BOTTLE YOU GET 64 LOADS OF WASHING OUT OF IT. I DON'T THINK I EVER GET EVEN 30 LOADS ! AND NONE OF IT SEEMS TO SUDS UP ANYMORE !! WHATS WITH THAT ?

JUST CURIOUS HOW YOU GIRLS ARE DOING OUT THERE (OR MEN IF WE HAVE ANY HERE THAT DO LAUNDRY, BLESS YOU !) LOL

Super Contributor

Re: DOES ANYONE HERE GET 64 LOADS OUT OF A 100 FL OZ BOTTLE OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT?

I would suppose you would have to use their measuring cup and count out every load.....I never really cared enough to do that, but, as a consumer it is an appropriate question to ask.
Honored Contributor

Re: DOES ANYONE HERE GET 64 LOADS OUT OF A 100 FL OZ BOTTLE OF LAUNDRY DETERGENT?

I think I get about 30 loads from the large bottle also. The sudsing action has diminished ...like everything else we get less and pay more.

Trusted Contributor

Heavens no. I want them to come out clean and smelling fresh. All of my loads aren't small and lightly soiled.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 twocent said:

Heavens no. I want them to come out clean and smelling fresh. All of my loads aren't small and lightly soiled. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.........same here! I'm lucky I get about 10-12 out of that bottle. At least with using coupons and getting good deals at CVS using ECB's, I only pay about 50% or less for each bottle. I will switch from Tide to Arm & Hammer depending on sales/deals...some are good at Walgreens too...they have the BOGO deals on those once in awhile Smile

Trusted Contributor

I once had a washing machine repairman tell me to use LESS detergent. He said the manufacturers want us to use more, but we don't necessarily need to. I have an HE machine, and usually try to use less than the manufacturer's recommendation, unless it is an especially smelly or dirty load.
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 mnmom said: I once had a washing machine repairman tell me to use LESS detergent. He said the manufacturers want us to use more, but we don't necessarily need to. I have an HE machine, and usually try to use less than the manufacturer's recommendation, unless it is an especially smelly or dirty load.

I don't use more because the MF says so, I use more because using the little capful does nothing for our clothes. As the OP stated in the title of her thread...64 loads per bottle?

Not here...

Our washer and dryer are about 15 yrs old. We have a Sears guy come out once a year for a maintenance check-up and he says our set will no doubt last another 15 years since we take care of them Smile

Honored Contributor

I use Cheer Free in the liquid once it became difficult to find that formulation in the powder form. I think I get more than they advertise. I swear a huge jug of Cheer lasts forever. I don't need lots to generate suds either.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I doubt I get exactly 64, but do think I get fairly close to that amount. I have a front loading Bosch, and get a lot of suds, so I literally drizzle my detergent into the dispenser, not pour.

Respected Contributor

Easily. I have a high efficiency washer and it only takes about one tablespoon to wash a large load. Most of my items are not heavily soiled, but I still use the sanitary setting on the washer because I want most of my items washed in hot water.