Trusted Contributor

Wrong Bliss Lights Being Sent?

Has anyone received the newest version of the Bliss Lights? There seems to be a problem. Some reviews received last years model which covers 25 x 25 feet, instead of the 50 x 50 which has been airing with the timer. I ordered 4 and all 4 were 25 x 25 feet. I sent them back immediately after reading that several people have received the wrong ones. Customer service told me that is what they have so that is what they are sending out. Just doesn't sound right. Now I went into the questions and answers and one person said the information on the box and the instructions are the old ones but this is the new light if it has 2014 on it. Well I didn't check that, I went by the box and the information provided. Even customer service said they are the wrong ones but they are the only ones they have. Now I am mad if I sent them back and they were right with the wrong info. This is so confusing. Customer Service needs to clear this up or they will be absorbing a lot of return shipping costs. Has anyone received the correct model. I am so disappointed as I have been wanting these for a long time. I don't have last years to even compare.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wrong Bliss Lights Being Sent?

Ok, I emailed customer service and they looked into it. They are the right lights in the wrong box. Go figure. So for those of you that received them they are the correct ones even though the box says 25 x 25. I sent mine back already. Oh well! I don't know why they would do something like that.
Contributor

I just got off the phone with customer service & she said to return them and new ones would be sent. After reading her the numbers from the box she said they were from last year and they weren't suppose to have any but I would receive the correct ones. Doesn't make sense that they would make new lights and not make new boxes to go with them...sounds a little off to me.. but who knows... I did look at the light itself right now and it does say on the bulb manufactures date 04/2014... hmmm.. what to do now?

Trusted Contributor

Exactly, but unfortunately that is what they did. If yours have 2014, they are the correct ones. Last years would have 2013. The rep told me I had the wrong ones to send them back and I did but then I thought about and emailed customer service like I said the rep spoke directly to Bliss and the new lights are in the old boxes. I think it is the most confusing, rediculous think I have ever heard of. I think when they air these they should explain that or they are going to have many returns.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I received mine last week and didn't even look at the box. I took out the light and turned it on in the evening to make sure it worked and boxed it up again. After reading your post..I checked..and the shield on the light says 06-2013. I will call customer service tomorrow. Again..thank you. :-)
Trusted Contributor

Your welcome, Englishrose. Love the name. I don't get why they would possibly put the new model in the old box. I think many people have not checked the date. If the Customer Service Rep hadn't emailed me and told me he had spoke to Bliss and that in fact the correct ones are in the old boxes. I would of never believed it. So I sure hope other people check the date on there's and also test it to see if indeed covers 50 x 50 and not 25 x 25 as stated on the box.
Trusted Contributor

So if I have the timer did I get the correct item? I haven't inspected the box that closely, just made sure they worked and then I put the box in the shed. The light is still here in the house because I'm playing with it for different locations Smiley Wink

KJPA
New Contributor

Moon Dance, if your question on the product page was titled something like you received last year's model and wondered if any one had gotten this year's model, I might have been the one who posted an answer. I answered that I had noticed the box had last year's information on how much coverage (25x25 ft) it provided, so I called the 800 number on the box and talked to someone at Bliss asking if I had last year's model, or this year's model in last year's box. She asked me to check the light fixture and find the manufacturing date. I did, and it was 04-2014. The ones I got last year had the 2013 date.

I answered the question on Wednesday and checked back today to see if it was helpful, and both the question and my answer are nowhere to be found! There are a lot of other posts though now about how to find the manufacturing date before you send them back.

KJPA, the timer was included with last year's model too, so that won't tell you. You don't need to check the box, just look at the front of the light itself and there is a yellow "label" on the front that has "Mfg Date 04-2014" on it. That will tell you it's the newest model.

Trusted Contributor

Okshelley, all I know is I was reading the reviews and questions and answers and too many people seemed like they were getting last years. I would probably not have even noticed had I not read what people were saying. Unfortunately I sent them back before getting a second answer telling me to check the date. The box had the wrong info so I figured they were the wrong ones and the rep on the phone said to send them back. Then the email I got along with new information from customers is to check the date. The information on the box is wrong. I still don't get why they would put the new model in a box that has the wrong information on it. There will be a lot of returns on this one. I really want them but I am unsure as to whether I want to give it another shot. Now I am not even sure if the 4 I sent back were wrong. I never looked at the date. Who would. The box should have had the correct information. I still don't get it. It's kind of what I call a Twilight Zone Moment because it is so bizarre. Can you imagine going to the store and seeing bliss lights 25 x 25 coverage and you saying I want the 50 x 50 coverage and them trying to tell you that it will cover 50 x 50 , the box just says the wrong information. Would you buy it. That's how rediculous this is. Don't you think?
Occasional Contributor

I just checked mine. Both boxes were wrong. Then I checked the bulbs date. I received this years green and last years red.