Super Contributor

I need a water filter to attach to the kitchen faucet. I hate the chlorine smell and taste of the city water and want to save by stop buying bottled water. Need suggestions on what filter to buy. I looked at Brita and Pur. What is the best?

Honored Contributor

I have been using Brita filtering products for many years; the pitcher, and a larger square water storage unit for the refrigerator that has a spout on it. I prefer filtering our drinking water this way, instead of filtering ALL water that comes through the kitchen faucet. I don't care if my dish water is filtered, or the mop bucket I fill from that faucet has filtered water. Both brands are great filters, but filtering every bit of water that comes through that main faucet means you will need to change filters very often, which gets to be far more expensive than the route I've taken.

Honored Contributor

I use a Berkey, but it doesn't attach to the faucet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We use a reverse osmosis system that's under our sink in the cabinet & has a faucet mounted on top. You can check out EWG site for more info. on filters for different contaminants & types of filters. http://www.ewg.org/report/ewgs-water-filter-buying-guide

Trusted Contributor

If you can afford the investment a reverse osmosis system is awesome! Our daughter has well water and they use just a Brita. I always think their water tastes pretty good too.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

We also have a reverse osmosis system. I only drink bottled (purified by RO) water at work.

Super Contributor

Hi shiningstar ...

I've only been using this one for about a week. I think it does a pretty good job of taking away the chlorine taste and it's supposed to reduce the fluoride as well. I don't have a tester to check for myself. It has a lot of good reviews and we're happy so far. Remember to change the filter as recommended. Very easy to install, too. I did it in a few minutes!

Go to amazon and plug in .... Tap Master Jr. F2 Countertop Water Filter

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Super Contributor
We have heavily chlorinated water here. The Brita filter couldn't get it all out. I could still taste it and the other stuff. I got a seychelle filter. It is pricey but the filter lasts a long time. We were going though a britta filters like crazy but the seychelle is still good after a year. The water tastes like nothing but water!
Not applicable

If you just want it for drinking, get a berkey water filter. It's light years better than a brita or pur and the filters last forever. No filter change-outs every month or whatever.