Trusted Contributor

Today I received an email from P-1 and it is full of Halloween stuff already. When does everyone start pulling out fall decor???

Honored Contributor

October 1st.

Not a day sooner!

Honored Contributor

About 2-3 weeks after Labor Day. I am ready for Fall after we close our pool. I like to enjoy each Season and not rush it.

Super Contributor

Mid September. I put out my fall decor and it stays until December when I do my Christmas decor.

Honored Contributor
On 7/9/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Mid September. I put out my fall decor and it stays until December when I do my Christmas decor.

I do the same. I don't decorate for Halloween ..I have all Fall/Harvest decor.

Respected Contributor

I know I've said it before, but we still have summer temperatures well into October/November so I don't put out a lot of autumn decor. I usually change the front door wreath to something a bit less summery sometime in September, but I don't change the rest of my seasonal items like pillows and linens until right before Halloween. Most of those items, excluding any pumpkins, can stay until the following spring as Christmas decor just gets added on top.

Honored Contributor

I put a Fall wreath on my front door, get some pretty mums - that doesn't happen until well into September/October, depending on the weather.

Contributor
On 7/9/2014 DREAMON said:
On 7/9/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I do the same. I don't decorate for Halloween ..I have all Fall/Harvest decor.

I do the same, also. I decorate for Fall in mid September, not for Halloween. And that stays through Thanksgiving to December 1 or so.

Honored Contributor

Since DH and I are serious birding enthusiasts, our seasons change as the birds life cycle does...so, the 1st week of August. Many birds are starting to migrate south, so in my mind, and my husband's, 'Fall' begins then too.

The same for Spring decorating..I change things soon into February when the birds start migrating north.

Last year we had a 'Fall' migrating bird visit us the last week of July...a Rufus Hummingbird...rare sighting for eastern Nebraska {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Everyone decorates on their own schedule...no different than for Christmas...some folks start mid November just before Thanksgiving, others the day after Thanksgiving, others the beginning of December...all the way til Christmas Eve for those that have their tree up for one day and take it down.

I put up Holiday/Christmas decor the day after Thanksgiving and take it all down on January 1st or 2nd (if I am busy).

Nobody is wrong...everyone is different Smile

Honored Contributor

Septemberish. I have quite a few fall decorations so I usually take them out slowly. However this year I think I may do away with a few of them. I bring my Christmas things out slowly too. It just seems easier. Of course all of the stores are months ahead of the game.