Respected Contributor

Does anyone own item # v32244? If so what is your opinion? I love my shark lift away , but thought this might be nice for quick pick ups on my vinyl tile which I have quite a lot of and dogs. I found the rapid cleaning button for the roller bar intriguing. I hate cleaning the roller bars.

Super Contributor

Don't waste your money. It worked fine for the first 2 or 3 times of use. Then the suction got less and less and less. By this time it was too late to return to QVC so I am stuck with it. On carpets, you have go over and over an area and on bare floors it will only pick up certain items - forget dog food or cereal or cat litter. The hair cutting roller option is nice but once you're done using the option the pile just sits there on the floor - no suction to pick up the hair pile. Like I said, don't waste your money. Gail

I just went to look at the reviews.....I don't understand why a lot of people gave 5 stars. I think this vacuum is horrible. I also think some of these reviews are not legitimate. I read on line that there are companies that specialize in writing and submitting mass reviews on products and these companies make a lot of money.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Respected Contributor

er! I hate when that happens. I have been a pet owner all of my life and Shark is the only vacuum that I have ever had that ever kept it's suction. I have owned it for 3+ years and it works like the day I received it. Most in my past have worked for about the length of the warranty then started 'spitting' out debris. (Dyson probably keeps working but the$$s -yikes!) Thanks so much for your reply.

I liked the idea of the beater bar cleanup but hey back to the drawing board. Smiley Happy Maybe I will try one of the Shark cordless for quick messes. Anyone own one?

Trusted Contributor

I bought for my mom in her new apartment. We both love it. We think it picks up well. But she lives alone and doesn't have any animals. We do not expect it to work like an industrial vacuum. It is after all a ""dustbuster"". But I think it's a great one Smiley Wink

I don't think it replaces you full-size vacuum but is great for in-between pick ups. It's also very lightweight and easy for her to manage. I told her if she ever thinks she needs more cleaning power I'll bring my Dyson over Smiley Wink In four months she hasn't needed any extra cleaning power. And she is a clean freak Smiley Wink

If you want to try it just use it a LOT when you first get it so you can make sure it doesn't quit after using a couple of times. Mom uses hers several times a week; it's quick and easy. Still going strong.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

A really dependable cordless vacuum would sell like hotcakes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I've been looking for a corded stick vac under $150 that can handle carpets and floors - just for a quickie clean up. Everytime I read a good review in one place, there are bad reviews on another website. LOL

Honored Contributor
On 7/8/2014 gailchap said:

Don't waste your money. It worked fine for the first 2 or 3 times of use. Then the suction got less and less and less. By this time it was too late to return to QVC so I am stuck with it. On carpets, you have go over and over an area and on bare floors it will only pick up certain items - forget dog food or cereal or cat litter. The hair cutting roller option is nice but once you're done using the option the pile just sits there on the floor - no suction to pick up the hair pile. Like I said, don't waste your money. Gail

I just went to look at the reviews.....I don't understand why a lot of people gave 5 stars. I think this vacuum is horrible. I also think some of these reviews are not legitimate. I read on line that there are companies that specialize in writing and submitting mass reviews on products and these companies make a lot of money.

Gail, if I were you, I'd check the vacuum carefully for a clog of some sort. That kind of performance is not normal. I always check the reviews on Amazon before buying. I think they have the most objective reviews, good and bad.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I don't have any experience with the vac that you made reference to, however, my experience is that they don't maintain suction.

I recently purchased the Shark Rocket. It is a stick type vac and I LOVE IT!!! It maintains good suction, is light and easy to maneuver. I have all vinyl floors and pets. I love the attachment that has a Swiffer pad (which I cover with the disposable Swiffer pad so I am not having to launder everyday). With this attachment I can vac and Swiffer dust and pet hair up at the same time.

It has an easy release dirt bin. You never have to touch the ick..

It also comes with two motorized heads, one for carpet and one for upholstery, so I can vacuum my rugs as needed.

It has a 30 foot cord. I plug it in in my central hall and am able to reach every corner of my home with ease.

For the price, ease of use and how well it works - I cannot recommend it more.

On a side note in some of the reviews people complain because it doesn't stand up and it is top heavy. It is not designed to stand up. It is a stick vac design.

I cannot recommend it more.

aux1 = |Best Sellers,Easy Pay Offers,Most Wished For,Special Prices|

last = ||

fric = ||
Best Seller <input id="cbSelectedMarketingText" class="cvvdisplay" type="checkbox" name="AutoPromo_V32708" value="Best Seller" />
QVC Price: $181.00 Featured Price: $164.80
Available for 4 Easy Payments
Respected Contributor
On 7/10/2014 CindyinNC said:

I've been looking for a corded stick vac under $150 that can handle carpets and floors - just for a quickie clean up. Everytime I read a good review in one place, there are bad reviews on another website. LOL

TY all for your help. I agree with you CindyinNC it can be difficult to decide from reviews sometimes but in the long run it can help.

I will look into Shark's cordless vacs for my quick pick up needs if what I bought yesterday turns out to be a dud.

I was at a Mennard's and shopping for other items and saw a clearance on a 'as seen on tv' swivel sweeper G2 marked down to $17.+ so I thought that may serve my purpose at a much smaller price. It surprised me but it is pretty good for picking up . Of course time will tell! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
I have the Shark Cordless and I love it. I used to buy het Eureka ones which are cheaper but this one is better and already the battery has lasted longer. If you buy it at BBB with the 20% off coupon it's not too bad. I highly recommend it and I have two dogs one of which sheds like crazy. I have all tile floors so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.