Occasional Contributor

Looking for suggestions for nice bath towels....they are for a wedding gift and my budget is $200. Anyone LOVE their towels and can help me out?? Thanks in advance {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

It depends on what you want to spend. The major dept. stores (Macy's, Dillards, Bloomingdale's) sell nice towels but pricey. I find wonderful bathroom items in my local TJ Maxx. They have a lot of towels to choose from, many designer labels. You might be able to get more for your money there.

Egyptian Cotton is nice and real soft. I'm sure any bed and bath store would have some nice ones to choose from.

As far as brands, I'd go with a designer label that isn't too expensive. Some stores sell labels that are named after famous hotels which are nice too.

Hope that helps a little. I haven't shopped for towels in a long time. I always get mine on clearance at TJ Maxx.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, MJ Fan.

Respected Contributor

Restoration Hardware - phenomenal Towels - and there's a 20% Sale right now!

<h1 class="brand" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; font-size: 18px; color: #000000; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: minion-pro, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;"> 802-GRAM TURKISH TOWEL IVORY COLLECTION</h1>
$9 - $54

Wrap up in the world's most luxurious towels, loomed from premium long-staple cotton to a decadent 802-gram weight. Exceptionally dense and soft, they drape beautifully and feel particularly cozy during the cooler seasons. The long, silky loops are extremely absorbent, while the expansive color palette is suited to eclectic mixing or tonal layering.

Hide product details...

• Made of the finest 100% cotton terry cloth from Turkey
  • Loomed to a rich 802 grams per square meter
  • Exceptionally plush, absorbent and long lasting
  • Bath sheets and towels are luxuriously oversized for enveloping comfort
  • Bath sheets, bath towels and hand towels may be monogrammed; monogram will be placed front and center, just above the dobby
  • Add a 1-initial or 3-initial monogram with choice of font color and style
  • Monogramming is available in tone-on-tone, white, ivory, navy, red, chocolate and black
  • Monogrammed items may not be returned and areCatalog and Web only
  • Wash before use; machine wash cold
  • Care: to maintain the quality and performance of our towels, avoid fabric softeners, bleaching agents, household cleaning products and personal care products that contain benzoyl peroxide or alpha hydroxy acids
<h3 class="brand" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: minion-pro, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; color: #000000; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; border-width: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;"> DIMENSIONS</h3>
  • Bath Sheet: 40" x 70"
  • Bath Towel: 30" x 56"
  • Hand Towel: 20" x 30"
  • Washcloth: 12" sq.
  • Bath Mat: 19" x 31"
Contributor
Another vote for Restoration Hardware. I won't buy anything but these. I have found none better. The color selection is beautiful as well. City
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, ladies{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info on Restoration Hardware towels. They sound perfect.

Esteemed Contributor
Just discovered bamboo towels. They are beautiful!
Honored Contributor

Pottery Barn makes wonderful towels. I got some a couple of Christmases ago that still feel as good as the day I got them!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have purchased some from L.L. Bean and Land's End.

Recently I got these for my brother, from JCP.

Royal Velvet® Pure Perfection™ Bath Towels Treat yourself to the pampering feel of the Royal Velvet Pure Perfection bath towel.

won't fade for up to 50 washes

lint-release and anti-pill technology

100% air-rich cotton gets fluffier after every wash

ultra-soft, super-absorbent towels

coordinates with the Royal Velvet Pure Perfection bath rug, sold separately

6-piece set includes:

2 bath towels

2 hand towels

2 washcloths

Cotton. Washable. imported.

Bath towel: 30x54"

Hand towel: 16x28"