Super Contributor

Can you tell me how your SERTA Mattress is holding up?

For those who ordered and received their TSV Serta Mattresses from QVC, I was just wondering how your mattresses are holding up months later? I'm thinking of ordering one today. I've read some bad reviews online, about sagging, and we did order one from Sam's Club (free returns) that was very comfortable, but did start to sag within 2 weeks, but I miss that comfortable mattress! Really interested in ordering another one. Please let me know how yours worked out! I'm interested in a pillowtop. I have a lot of pressure points on a memory foam mattress and have loved the feel of the Serta's. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you tell me how your SERTA Mattress is holding up?

We got the queen size for my son. That was the pillow-top one last fall, right? His was delivered at the end of October I believe. It is still very comfortable and he loves it. Of course he is a teenage boy, and they are all about sleeping. I do not notice any sags in the mattress when I change his sheets. He is over 200 lbs, so he is not a lightweight. Good luck to you. Hope it turns out well for you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Puppy Lips said:

We got the queen size for my son. That was the pillow-top one last fall, right? His was delivered at the end of October I believe. It is still very comfortable and he loves it. Of course he is a teenage boy, and they are all about sleeping. I do not notice any sags in the mattress when I change his sheets. He is over 200 lbs, so he is not a lightweight. Good luck to you. Hope it turns out well for you.

Why do you change your son's sheets? Why didn't you teach him to do that years ago?

I had a double Serta that I bought at Sears about 4 years ago. It was their top-of-the line model and was on sale. It started to sag after a very short period of time. Sorry I don't remember exactly but it may have been only 3 months or 6 months.

I noticed the sag when I was changing the sheets BUT only because I was really aware of the problem based on my friend's experience and had read all the many negative reviews on mattresses BEFORE PURCHASING. This mattress had a ten year warranty. Unfortunately, I did not take out the supplemental one being sold at the time I bought it.

These sags are not visible to the eye but can make the bed very uncomfortable. When I noticed the slight one on my new bed, I purchased a rather expensive memory foam topper from QVC or another shopping channel. It did help and made the bed comfortable.

After about three years, I began not sleeping as well. Then at exactly three and a half years, suddenly it felt like there was a hole in the center when lying on the bed. I could not sleep and had severe back pain. I was forced to buy a new bed and considered it a medical emergency. I bought a memory foam bed that was even more expensive.

The mattress companies will only replace the bed if it meets their ridiculous criteria of a measurable sag! Even when mine became unsleepable, there was not a sag visible to the eye when the bed was made and there was only the slightest indentation visible on the bare mattress.

Caveat Emptor! QVC'S representation of Serta is totally biased towards Serta imo and they seem to refuse to address the sagging issue or at least I've never heard any discussion of this during their sales pitch.

Good luck. Be sure to read all the reviews you can before making a decision. My Serta was very comfortable at first but I had expected it to remain that way for most of the warranty period of TEN YEARS.

Trusted Contributor

Our experience with Serta was not a good one, it cost a lot of money we purchased a king pillow top and within a year it had a sag in the middle, we are not large heavy people, my hubby weighs 170 and I weigh 110 so that wasn't the issue. We did have someone come out but it wasn't measurable enough for them to replace so your warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Very uncomfortable and we had to replace it with only a years wear on it. Never will buy another Serta.

Contributor

We got the memory foam topp TSV set in queen last year and love it. It's over a year old and no problems at all. We've been really diligent about keeping the turn schedule they suggest. Initially it's a pain, like every two weeks but now we just turn it the first weekend of the month.

Super Contributor

Thank you! I don't expect any mattress to last 10 years. We had a simmons beautyrest that sagged too, they say not to get pillowtops but i have the most luxurious simmons beautyrest in my guestroom that we all love, just need it in a bigger size, and have gone through 3 beds already. Nothing compares to this classic, Not even the expensive line of Simmons, they just don't make them that way anymore. It's 11 years old and feels brand new, we also tried the Simmons comforpedic memory foam, and while it feels great, 2 hours later my entire back hurts. We can return it for a small fee, and Serta is the only mattress that compares to my older simmons as far as letting me sleep without pain upon waking up and taking pain killers. I have a lot of pressure points and don't weigh much and its so odd, i can sleep on ANY hotel bed, even an old bed. But cant' sleep on these new firm beds. I even tried a plush top, not pillowtop, this bed was so firm, I couldn't sleep on it. I tried, and we put a topper on which helped, but I want a new mattress I can sleep in. I'm sure it's me, not the mattresses!

By the way, our teenage girls know how to change the sheets and rarely do! lol Thank you for your responses.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the Serta in May of 2013. I sleep through the night, every night & haven't felt any sagging at all. I have it mounted on an antique bed frame so it sits quite high. I own the Smart Surface. BTW, my children were changing their own sheets every Saturday at the age of 12.

Valued Contributor

Hi Jenn & Ladies,

We ordered a Serta from the Q back in February, when it was a TSV. We LOVE our bed. We did not intend on buying a mattress from the Q, but we had been researching for a few months and then one morning there it was, as a TSV. The price was good. Still expensive (IMO), but we purchased a King--a king bed anywhere will be a comparable price. It is firm, but not too firm--which is exactly what we like. And it has a pillow top. I was a little worried about whether or not I would like this aspect, but I do. Gives just the right amount of SQUISH! It was delivered promptly and our old mattress was taken away. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Had mine one week so far really like, noticed someone said turn it every 2 weeks I received no papers with mine, how did you find that out?

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Classique said:
On 6/13/2014 Puppy Lips said:

Why do you change your son's sheets? Why didn't you teach him to do that years ago?

I had a double Serta that I bought at Sears about 4 years ago. It was their top-of-the line model and was on sale. It started to sag after a very short period of time. Sorry I don't remember exactly but it may have been only 3 months or 6 months.

I noticed the sag when I was changing the sheets BUT only because I was really aware of the problem based on my friend's experience and had read all the many negative reviews on mattresses BEFORE PURCHASING. This mattress had a ten year warranty. Unfortunately, I did not take out the supplemental one being sold at the time I bought it.

These sags are not visible to the eye but can make the bed very uncomfortable. When I noticed the slight one on my new bed, I purchased a rather expensive memory foam topper from QVC or another shopping channel. It did help and made the bed comfortable.

After about three years, I began not sleeping as well. Then at exactly three and a half years, suddenly it felt like there was a hole in the center when lying on the bed. I could not sleep and had severe back pain. I was forced to buy a new bed and considered it a medical emergency. I bought a memory foam bed that was even more expensive.

The mattress companies will only replace the bed if it meets their ridiculous criteria of a measurable sag! Even when mine became unsleepable, there was not a sag visible to the eye when the bed was made and there was only the slightest indentation visible on the bare mattress.

Caveat Emptor! QVC'S representation of Serta is totally biased towards Serta imo and they seem to refuse to address the sagging issue or at least I've never heard any discussion of this during their sales pitch.

Good luck. Be sure to read all the reviews you can before making a decision. My Serta was very comfortable at first but I had expected it to remain that way for most of the warranty period of TEN YEARS.

Seriously? I responded to the OP's question and you are going to criticize me for changing my son's sheets? That has nothing to do with anything.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead