Super Contributor

Shark navigator shown this morning?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}I really would love to purchase this vac... However do need some input info?

Since I am a senior with bad back both lower and upper. Arthritis mostly on my legs...

Do you think this Vac would be good for me?

I need one that is good for both carpets, Berber and hardwood floors..

Also some tight hard area's to clean.. I also have a high ceiling in my living-room. Have door with some windows above... When using the canister is it light? Can you place it on floor in area you are cleaning?

Also have a stairs on my lower garage entrance with commercial carpet... Is it light enough to bring down 12 steps...

Sorry there maybe some more things but can't think of any now..

To add I like the idea that the vac is flexible for cleaning under things. That is a plus for me.

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated...

To also add no pets... Do suffer from bad allergies and Sinusitis..

Oh forgot to ask about empting it? Is it easy, and also good capacity for use?

lovestodance

Honored Contributor

Re: Shark navigator shown this morning?

I had the original Shark Navigator (purple one), but bought Shark Navigator LiftAway Pro (one being shown today) a year ago, after we got a dog and expected lots of shedding. In 35 yrs. of marriage, we've gone through a few vacuum cleaners. This is the absolute best one I've ever bought. When several people I know got on the Dyson bandwagon I considered it (for about a minute), but just could not commit to spending such an exorbitant amount of money, and have a clean conscience about it. I thought I'd be "settling" for the Shark, but I was so wrong. It's an awesome vacuum cleaner, lightweight, easily maneuverable, and I believe that it will be quite suitable for all the situations you listed. Capacity is good and emptying is very simple. I don't think you'll regret purchasing.

Honored Contributor

I did not see the demo this morn. I have the navigator in fact 2 of them. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this vacuum. I keep one vac at one end of the house and the other at the other end of the house. Suction power is fab. lift off it easy. excellent pick up. I too am up their in years and can't do a lot of lifting nor walking (just had surg on foot) so am hobbling right now.

I too don't have animals but I know my house is clean when I use this vac once daily.

The shark vac's are all good vac's. can't go wrong with any make or model.

Honored Contributor

I also have two Sharks. The purple one and the newer red one. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. I had a yellow Dyson. However, it was sooooo heavy. I finally gave it away. Sharks are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

Oh thanks so much.. I am really in need of a new vac...Have several cordless Eureka pick up ones.. Got use to light weight ones since I have some issues as mentioned..

Have an old Canister that was made by Shark but called Euro-Pro... I have always had canisters in the past... Electrolux gold top model years ago... A central vac which I hate... Too cumbersome and hard to handle now..

So as you see I really need a good replacement..

Many thanks to you all.

lovestodance

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Navigator Liftaway and love it. Great suction to get all the Kitty fur

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines