Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}At the risk of sounding foolish......those of you who own the spin mop.............how do you fill and empty the water? I'm an apt. dweller and I'm thinkin..............bathtub? BUT.....that than also means disposing the dirty water into tub. TYIA

Honored Contributor

Where do you dispose of the water when you clean your floor now? We have a laundry tub in our garage for such things.

Honored Contributor

My buckets of dirty water go down the toilet. I was looking at the spin mop......but the bucket seems LARGE, and I'm wondering if I would be able to hoist it up to drain it since I am quite short and don't have a lot of leverage with heavy stuff.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I think the bath tub is the way to go. Of course, if you have a basement or laundry room with a wash tub, then you'd use that.

Honored Contributor

They are sold at QVC and one or more of the other shopping channels. But buy them at a big box home improvement store; they're much less expensive.

Honored Contributor

Down the toilet for sure!! Why would you pour dirty water in a bath tub and then have to clean out the tub???!!! By the way---I LOVE my spin mop!!! I clean my blinds and the walls every month before I use it on my floors. So easy and fast!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a spin mop....but the handle kept spinning off of the mop head...while spinning out the water....and while trying to mop the floor....it was more frustrating stopping to fix it...then just cleaning my floors by kneeling and scrubbing by hand....that never happens to the vendor doing the demo...what did I do wrong....I threw mine away...

Oh, I filled mine in the tub...and emptied it there...actually left it in the tub and rinsed and spun it out without ever taking it out of the tub till I was done with the floors.....

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies............

Esteemed Contributor

I gave mine to my daughter who loves it. She uses the toilet to empty it. She fills from the tub.

Esteemed Contributor

I almost bought one, but the handle seems wobbly and didn't look like it would be firm if you wanted to really scrub a spot. For those that have one, is the handle sturdy?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein