Valued Contributor

Has anyone here tried the My Pillow with the gusset?

I was wondering about the TSV and whether anyone has tried the gusset version and your thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here tried the My Pillow with the gusset?

I have one and I do like it. I have a neck problem and My Pillow does seem to help ease the pain. I only have the one with the gusset so I can't compare to the original without the gusset.

I do have to toss the pillow in the dryer to revive it about every 2 weeks...it seems to flatten if I don't do that. I washed it 1X so far with great results. I have the Firm and it did soften so unless you like a very soft pillow I would recommend the firm.

Trusted Contributor

I am also curious about this product. Having a good quality people is so important, but I am use to high quality down and before I invest in this, I would love to hear from people who have bought it and do they think it's worth the money?

Valued Contributor

On 4/19/2014 DREAMON said:

I have one and I do like it. I have a neck problem and My Pillow does seem to help ease the pain. I only have the one with the gusset so I can't compare to the original without the gusset.

I do have to toss the pillow in the dryer to revive it about every 2 weeks...it seems to flatten if I don't do that. I washed it 1X so far with great results. I have the Firm and it did soften so unless you like a very soft pillow I would recommend the firm.

I have some neck issues also so I was wondering if this was worth a try. I see on the home page that the model is using two pillows so that concerned me. I like a more firm pillow that does not go flat by morning. I guess since they are on easy pay you would not be out too much to try it although returns are a pain.

Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 mallemo said:

I have some neck issues also so I was wondering if this was worth a try. I see on the home page that the model is using two pillows so that concerned me. I like a more firm pillow that does not go flat by morning. I guess since they are on easy pay you would not be out too much to try it although returns are a pain.

Returns would be a real pain with this as the pillow comes flat and wrapped in a roll so it would be difficult to repack in the original carton.

Check out the mypillow website before ordering as they have a lot of good information there and you could also call their customer service with any questions.

I had severe back pain and was not sleeping for years. My doctor recommended this pillow so I thought I'd try it as I'd seen the infomercials and was interested but thought it was just hype like all the others. My doctor told me she used it and liked it so I went ahead and that was one of the best purchases ever!

I'd highly recommend you try this. I finally was able to get some decent sleep which I believe helped my back and I have far less pain now than before.

I bought a firm with the gusset around but it is not satin from the mypillow website. Then, after about a year, I bought two medium from QVC without the gusset. The gusset is also called a Eurotop IIRC.

I prefer the firm myself and have washed mine at least four times as it does tend to flatten after about three months but it returns to the original shape after washing and seems like new and just as comfortable.

Honored Contributor

mallemo,

I wanted to add that I have the King size and a King Bed. I can't imagine sleeping on 2 of these pillows. 1 in firm is good for me. I do think it is worth a try. I was skeptical for about a year till my brother and SIL raved about them. I think it is the best pillow I have ever slept on. I position it under my neck and the pressure is instantly relieved. It does take a at least 1 night to get use to. You have to move it around and bunch the pillow in a position that works for you...as they do in the presentation.

I have to agree with Classique in that returning would be a pain due to the way it is vacuum packed and rolled for delivery.

Super Contributor

mallemo,

I wanted to add that I have the King size and a King Bed. I can't imagine sleeping on 2 of these pillows. 1 in firm is good for me. I do think it is worth a try. I was skeptical for about a year till my brother and SIL raved about them. I think it is the best pillow I have ever slept on. I position it under my neck and the pressure is instantly relieved. It does take a at least 1 night to get use to. You have to move it around and bunch the pillow in a position that works for you...as they do in the presentation.

I have to agree with Classique in that returning would be a pain due to the way it is vacuum packed and rolled for delivery.

I agree with Dreamon that it would not be at all comfortable to sleep on two of these pillows.

The important thing is to get the right size for you. It is helpful to check out the mypillow website as they have guidelines for fitting the pillow and if you still have a question, call their customer service.

An added bonus for me was that I managed to lose 30 lbs. once I started sleeping! I had been eating properly but not sleeping and was in constant pain and on pain medication. Once I was able to sleep, the pain went away and so did the pain meds (other than otc as needed). This may just be a coincidence but IIRC I heard a doctor on the radio talking about the relationship between sleeping and weight loss and they said there was a definite correlation.

Honored Contributor

I bought one locally, at Bed, Bath and Beyond a few months ago. I lasted exactly one night with it and I don't think I slept over 10 minutes total. I got the firm and it felt like I was trying to sleep on chopped up concrete. It had no "give" to it at all. I returned it the next day. It was the gusseted version.

Pillows are so difficult to buy. 6 zillion varieties and everyone's taste and comfort is different.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Of course I did (I'm the fool who orders everything). I sent it back. I even ordered it 2 times because I thought it was me and my bad neck.

Nope! In my opinion, I know I can't use them. My neck is thrown upward.

Trusted Contributor

These posts are more informative than that Shawn's horrible presentation. In one breath, she said she and Joe have been sleeping on them. And the next, Shawn says Joe is going to start sleep therapy because he CAN'T sleep. Forget it, I will stick to Macy's Down. Bad show, Shawn! Doesn't she ever prepare or even think about what she is saying? I'll never watch her again.