Valued Contributor

Gazing ball stand/VPH sphere stand

I found this at Walmart today in the garden section. I think it's really cool and versatile. I showed it 4 ways with the spheres. I used the large sphere on the top and the small sphere on the bottom. The medium size is too big to fit on the bottom. It was only $12.97. I don't use my spheres outside but it would look nice outside as well. I turned it upside down for two of the photos. The way it's meant to go is indicated in the notes section of the photos.

Click here

Honored Contributor

Re: Gazing ball stand/VPH sphere stand

I like that alot in the traditional way. I could see that on the front porch. Fleet farm had wire gazing ball stands on sale this week. I was thinking of replacing my cement one. I didn't think about it for spheres. Hum, I have a wire gazing ball stand in the garage. It's narrow and tall, probably 4 feet. It could likely hold the medium one.

Regular Contributor

I saw a three hook hanging lantern stand at Gordman""s the other day. It was on sale because it was missing a lantern but I only wanted it for the spheres. It was a little too $$$ at $60 but will keep an eye if price drops further. Mallemo...like your stand. It would be perfect for my purple spheres on porch at Halloween!
Esteemed Contributor

Who would've thought to use it upside down, except you, mallemo! I think it looks good either way.

Honored Contributor

What a great find. It gives us more ways to use the spheres and get more use out of them....I am going to Walmart this week...Thanks great idea!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Great find mallemo. Love it and you figuring out you can use it either way. Way to go Looks really good with the spheres.

JPC

Super Contributor

Great ideas. I've been keeping my eyes open for ways to display my spheres. I was just at WM this afternoon but did not go into the garden dept. I think I need to go back tomorrow.

Does the stand seem sturdy enough to place outside where there are breezes, wind?

Honored Contributor

I use an old birdbath stand to hold my gazing ball. I use some putty on the base so the wind doesn't blow it off. Hobby Lobby usually has stands too, although I haven't been there this year.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Nana5 said:

Great ideas. I've been keeping my eyes open for ways to display my spheres. I was just at WM this afternoon but did not go into the garden dept. I think I need to go back tomorrow.

Does the stand seem sturdy enough to place outside where there are breezes, wind?

That I'm not sure about. It's pretty sturdy but with too much wind it might topple over. You could anchor it in to the ground though.

Super Contributor

On 4/21/2014 mallemo said:
On 4/21/2014 Nana5 said:

That I'm not sure about. It's pretty sturdy but with too much wind it might topple over. You could anchor it in to the ground though.

Yes, with those wire curly feet, it could be anchored with wires like my downspout extension uses. I'm off to WM today.