Regular Contributor

OK....the placement of this thing is the only thing keeping us from signing the papers to start remodel of kitchen.

On my side of kitchen is the 36" pantry, refrig, then she has the appliance garage there, then a fairly long counter. I don't really want it there because I would rather have more of a long counter for buffets, etc.

I want it left of sink angled in that corner but she is telling me that since my uppers aren't angled (which I wanted but she couldn't do) I can't have an angled garage....do you think that is true?

Where do all of you have your appliance garage if you have one.

Thanks and any of you that have built a new home....you are my hero! I can't make decisions for one room let alone a whole house!!!

Terri

Trusted Contributor

My appliance garage is in a corner. Above it is a corner lazy susan. The wall that it is on has a double sink and there is dishwasher to the right of that. To the left of the sink is a little counter space and then a built in cooktop, a small counter space that holds the coffee maker and then the corner appliance garage. Maybe you cannot put in the corner appliance garage without the corner cabinet above it. I do agree that it would be nice to have that nice long unbroken space on the other side for buffets. We have a long island in the middle of the kitchen that I use for buffets.

Good luck designing the rest of the house. I wish I could help. When we built our house I loved picking out all lighting, fixtures, cabinets flooring and every other aspect. I thought it was exciting and would love to do it again sometime although I love our house and wouldn't ever want to leave it. I love having a home that we put our own personality stamp on. I hope that you can figure out a way to get that garage in the spot that you want.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

We have a pantry to size of a child's bedroom, but our appliance garages are on either side of our kitchen sink (which does not have a window. Instead, it has mirrors which reflect the rose garden and other beauty spots in the back yard. I rarely use them for appliances. Mostly to hide the canisters, vitamin bottles, etc. that I can't find other spots for. But they are nice to have.