Regular Contributor

Late Spring/Summer Lantern Ideas

Now that Easter is almost upon us, I'm trying to come up with some creative ideas about what to put into my lanterns after the Pier 1 easter eggs come out next week. I know I could do lemons and limes, or seashells/starfish, but those are so "expected". I've been racking my brain about what could go in that would be cute and different, especially if it could fit in with my mountain style home.

Ideas anyone? My smallest VPH sphere is too large or I would use my chocolate spheres.

Valued Contributor

Re: Late Spring/Summer Lantern Ideas

How about a small potted plant or something floral/greenery either real or faux. Not sure if you are in to owl figures or not but they would look cute in there as well. I have plenty of owls. I could send you some...lol! Some natural wood pieces are nice looking. Driftwood, birch, etc. Especially some with interesting shapes. I've seen those at Michael's. Ceramic bird figures look nice too.

Regular Contributor

Mallemo, I had kind of thought about taking my mossy potted hyacinth out of the pink mercury glass candleholders that are on my Easter dining room table and see if they will fit. I also kind of like the bird idea.

I may just end up taking the lanterns down for the summer and going another direction.

My problem is I get bored waaaay too easily with my décor, and that my friend, is why it is always dangerous when Val comes on!!!

Valued Contributor

On 4/16/2014 StElmoQn said:

Mallemo, I had kind of thought about taking my mossy potted hyacinth out of the pink mercury glass candleholders that are on my Easter dining room table and see if they will fit. I also kind of like the bird idea.

I may just end up taking the lanterns down for the summer and going another direction.

My problem is I get bored waaaay too easily with my décor, and that my friend, is why it is always dangerous when Val comes on!!!

I understand totally! I think it was "country gal" that shared a photo of a lantern here not too long ago. It was partially filled with colorful glass fishing floats and it looked really nice.

Regular Contributor

Well now, the colored fishing floats could be a nice change from the spheres! I may have to think about that one...

Valued Contributor

Well now, the colored fishing floats could be a nice change from the spheres! I may have to think about that one...

You could display them with or without the netting around them. The photo that was shared here had no netting and I think there were different sizes in the lantern. I'll see if I can find that photo. Here are some I found on Ebay.

Set of 8 ~ 2

Regular Contributor

On 4/16/2014 mallemo said:

You could display them with or without the netting around them. The photo that was shared here had no netting and I think there were different sizes in the lantern. I'll see if I can find that photo. Here are some I found on Ebay.

Set of 8 ~ 2

Love those! I'm off to look around on ebay...

Valued Contributor

Here is the photo that country gal shared of the lantern with glass floats...

Super Contributor

I have silk flowers in two lanterns right now. This one has tiny LED lights mixed in with the flowers. In a month or so, I'll change the flowers to summer flowers--maybe something with a red, white and blue theme.

I love the way this lantern looks at night. I have one of Valerie's mercury glass fat candles in the middle with forsythia flowers draped over it. It sparkles beautifully. I think I'll just change out the flowers for more summery flowers in May.

Valued Contributor

Nana5...Love both of your lanterns. They look so nice. Like the little bird on top too! Are those artificial bulb plants? Where did you find those?