Occasional Contributor

I received a Valerie Runner to other day and it was shipped rolled up. I love the rug and shipping it rolled up is the way to do it. NOW.......how do I get it flat ?? How do I correct the roll at the end of the rug. I have had it flat in a spare room with weights on the ends but when I check it ...it just rolls and rolls. I am sure there is a remedy. HELP and Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

I would try rolling it up again inside out or the opposite way it was shipped. what is the rug made of?

Frequent Contributor

Try rolling it in the other direction and leave it for awhile. That should flatten it out. I recently bought a runner and it worked for me.

Honored Contributor

I can ship you my 10 pound ""teenage"" kitten and he will flatten it out.

Occasional Contributor

It is the Valerie Geranium runner. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try and roll it oppositely. That just may work. I am sure it just take time.....AND.....to lolakimono.....Everybody loves a comedian !! LOL

Honored Contributor
If rolling it backwards doesn't work, try giving the whole thing a light misting with water, then lay it upside down.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

That was going to be my suggestion, too.....get it a little wet and that might work.

Bet it is a beautiful rug! Enjoy!