Esteemed Contributor

Question About a Duvet Cover

Recently I bought a new duvet cover, and never realized until now that on the inside of the duvet, there are ties on all 4 corners. That's because I inadvertently put the washed duvet on inside out!

There is nothing on my feather bed to tie the duvet onto at the corners (or anywhere else)....?

What are those ties supposed to do? They are only about 6" long.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question About a Duvet Cover

I sewed loops on to my comforter corners. It only took about 20 minutes. I didn't even buy the loops, I cut the unused ones out of clothes.

Honored Contributor

That's a stumper, Harpa. I wonder if they expect the user to lay the comforter corner over it and just tie it down as is, to keep it from shifting inside the duvet?

Super Contributor

I just tie the ties around the corners of the comforter.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/14/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I just tie the ties around the corners of the comforter.

I guess that's the only logical thing! Smiley Happy Even though I didn't do it.

TY!

Respected Contributor

I never noticed ties on the inside of my duvet covers, but I'm going to look for them now! I've been taking large safety pins and carefully pinning the covers together so that the pins don't show, which works pretty good. I suppose if there were ties on the duvet I could pin them to my comforter.

Valued Contributor

My new comforter has small loops in each corner so you can tie the duvet to the comforter.

Super Contributor

I just changed my duvet covers out in the bedrooms to spring printed ones. When you get your feather or down comforter inside of your duvet cover, take the end, and tie your ties securely around the end of your comforter. The ties are there to keep your comforter from shifting inside the duvet cover. They help immensely, but from time to time, you will still have to pick everything up and give it a good shake to redistribute everything.

Super Contributor

Inside ties are to tie the comforter in so it won't slip in the duvet cover. I've had them with two ties on the top, never noticed two on the bottom. Oops, just saw Rosehill's post, ha, ha.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone! My old duvet didn't have them, which I had for years, so this was new for me. I'm sure the newer down comforters have those loops. Loops would be easy to make & sew on the comforter.

Usually when I shake it up, I always made/make sure that all the ends of the comforter met the ends of the duvet.