Esteemed Contributor

Finally! As Is Lit Pedestals Available

H203715

Every color choice except green at the moment.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Re: Finally! As Is Lit Pedestals Available

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder how long before the recent sphere TSV will show up ""as is""?

Honored Contributor

I was just looking at them. I had a defective set and returned them. It's tempting, but I'm worried I'd get another defective set.

I think the small spheres will show up at some point.

Honored Contributor

I spoke too soon. Green is there.

Honored Contributor

I'd be very cautious of the as is lit pedestals. I ordered a set of the full price, and they were broken, my replacement set, the bottom falling off of one. There have been quite a few reviews that these are not very substantial, and arrive in not so good condition. Several reviewers had trouble with them lighting and the timers not working.

Q is getting bad about shipping out defective returns, rather than getting rid of them.

Super Contributor

Just found them! No green, tho right now.

Blue, pink, gold, choc, silver.

Didn't pink sell out during her shows? I don't get the "as is" thing. Where did the pink "as is" come from???

Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 whitelinen said:

Just found them! No green, tho right now.

Blue, pink, gold, choc, silver.

Didn't pink sell out during her shows? I don't get the "as is" thing. Where did the pink "as is" come from???

These are often customer returns, or seconds that they cannot sell for full price. I've purchased some Temp-tations as is and they were nicer than the regular ones, but I've received several as is sets that were definitely customer returns, damaged, and missing pieces.

It is always a gamble to try as is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. These particular pieces are rather fragile and have had reviews that showed many of the full price ones were returned and not working properly. I'd love to have more sets, but I'll wait till they get more in.

Super Contributor

Whitelinen, I think if you stalk this item number, you will get your green mercury candle sticks. Mominohio is probably right about a lot of these sets having issues. I would give it a try though-you can always send back for a replacement if you get a bad one. The reviews on the original item number are a bit sketchy, but in reading through them, it seems a lot of people say these candlestick are plastic, which they are not. Then some say they are cheaply made, but these are very thin glass, which makes them lightweight and easy to tip over. They are thin glass, but I think they are beautiful. You just have to place them where they will be safe from being knocked over. I have the silver and love them. I wonder if anyone who owns these actually puts batteries in them. I kind of like them unlit. Hope you eventually get your green set.

Esteemed Contributor

As is purchases, which in this case are probably returns, are definitely a gamble, particularly with these thin and fragile glass items. My original set, which had to be returned due to a broken piece, was definitely made of thin glass, not plastic. Assuming I receive decent pedestals, the as is price is more in line with what I'm comfortable paying for this type of item.

Marsha2003, I can't believe that I chose chocolate and not blue, even after seeing your pics with the pretty blue pedestals. My sensible side won--scary!

Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 SHOPR said:

Marsha2003, I can't believe that I chose chocolate and not blue, even after seeing your pics with the pretty blue pedestals. My sensible side won--scary!

LOL! I think you made a great choice. I bought the brown last autumn and I like them the best out of all the colors. They are certainly versatile. I even like them when they are lit unlike the blue which I think look better unlit. I hope yours arrive in good working condition.