Respected Contributor

For Those That Have The Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dishes-Have A Question

I just bought these this weekend at Macy's they had a great sale on the 18 piece set plus I had a 20% off coupon. Anyway, I really love them soo pretty so the next day I went back to purchase the all purpose bowls and was surprised that they don't come in a box the bowls you had to buy the dishes individually. I asked the sales associate and she said they don't come in boxes but I noticed other pieces did. I just want to ask if any one has any of the all purpose bowls if you ordered them online did they come in boxes? Because these won't be used every day and want to store them so they don't get broken. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: For Those That Have The Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dishes-Have A Question

I think that ALL Lenox comes packed originally, but if you got a good buy and your pieces are n perfect condition I wouldn't be concerned. I am almost sure they'd be boxed if you ordered them online.
Esteemed Contributor

I have the set, but do not remember if the bowls came boxed. I agree with poster violann.

Mine are not stored in their boxes as I rotate them in and out of my corner china cabinet. Little things like this can annoy me to no end, but if you love the set, I'd just get some felt circles to set between the bowls and store them that way.

Can you check another local store to see if they are boxed?

Whatever the outcome, I say if you love the set/pattern, just get the bowls and find a safe way to store them. Smile

I ended up buying the tablecloth to match and it is a beautiful, too!

Respected Contributor

I just called the company and the bowls do not come in boxes. Many of the items do but these do not. I will have to find some boxes for storage before I buy them. This was such a bummer as years ago I bought a beautiful set of Christmas dishes at JC Penney and all of the extra pieces come in there own boxes. I am surprised Lenox doesn't do this.

Respected Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Witchy Woman said:

I have the set, but do not remember if the bowls came boxed. I agree with poster violann.

Mine are not stored in their boxes as I rotate them in and out of my corner china cabinet. Little things like this can annoy me to no end, but if you love the set, I'd just get some felt circles to set between the bowls and store them that way.

Can you check another local store to see if they are boxed?

Whatever the outcome, I say if you love the set/pattern, just get the bowls and find a safe way to store them. Smile

I ended up buying the tablecloth to match and it is a beautiful, too!

I picked up the napkins and they are pretty also!!

Honored Contributor

I have seen the individual bowls at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and stores like that. However it's kind of a hit or miss situation.

I have a lot of the Christmas dishes and I've added trays and other things that match... but had to buy them individually. Many were found at after Christmas sales at Macy's and I got great deals on them.

Enjoy your purchase! Those are very pretty.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps you could purchase some of those china storage protector cases that are sold....Bed, Bath & Beyond usually has them. Probably need to get the bowl measurements before you buy them to get the correct sizes. Good luck!
Valued Contributor

Respected Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Scorpio1971 said: Just found these......http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/6-piece-china-protector-set-for-serveware/1010208351?K...

Thank you Scorpio I will check theses out That was nice of you to check !!

Super Contributor

I bought a set of Butterfly Meadows about 2 years ago and use it almost daily and then picked up some extra pieces from TJ Maxx. I am very disaappointed in these dishes. They scratch very easily and after 2 years the designs have started to fade. I would not purchase more.