Valued Contributor

Anyone Purchase a Memory Foam Mattress From Costco.com?

If you have purchased a memory foam mattress from Costco.com, I'd be interested in which one and if you like it. Advice on which one to purchase and the differences, if you know, such as comfort, durability, quality.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Purchase a Memory Foam Mattress From Costco.com?

DH & I got an iComfort mattress by Serta and we're in love with it - I can finally sleep in bed after years of sleeping in a recliner due to my bad back!!

But I did read the article in Consumer Reports that rates mine halfway down the list and the one from Costco (@ only $800!!) in the #2 position!! I, too, would be interested in hearing from others about this mattress. I've already suggested to DH that we dump the Sleep # bed in our guest bedroom and buy this one.

I, too, will be watching this thread. Thanks & good luck!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching this thread also. I have a Guest Bed in a spare room with a very very old mattress. I am wanting to replace it. It is a Queen. When my family shows up I figure I can give them a bit of luxury. So please please someone respond to this great thread.

Honored Contributor

We had a Costco memory foam mattress in our former home, 8 years ago. I can't remember which one, but it was softer than the Serta we have in this house. DH likes the Costco, I like this firm one. I don't think you will be sorry with anything from Costco, the firmness will be a matter of individual preference. We are buying a Costco for our second guest room, we have a lot of company in the summer and that room has an air mattress. I told DH our friends are too old to sleep on air mattresses. The height is just too low, even that double high one. There is a regular mattress in the other room, I bet they fight for the memory foam.

Valued Contributor

Hopefully, someone will respond that has purchased one of these. I am looking at the Novaform Serafina or the Primafina; however leaning toward the Serafina because my understanding is that it's a little firmer. The Serafina is supposed to be Med/Firm and the Primafina Med/Soft.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi. I purchased a Novaform king size mattress about ten years ago. I had a hip issue and was finding my firm mattress too unforgiving. I was wary of this purchase but assured by Costco that I could return it if unsatisfied. I love this mattress topper and am still using it. I rotate it every time I change the bed, easy to do. Go for it. You won't regret it. It is not so soft you sink into it. I hate too soft. You can move around easily. Good luck with your purchase! LM

Occasional Contributor

We bought a king-sized Novaform mattress from Costco about 10 years ago and love it. Like a previous poster, I have hip problems but can now can sleep without pain because of this mattress. I also like it because I tend to move around a lot at night and with this mattress, I don't disturb DH. I have read that some people think foam mattresses are too hot. I haven't found that to be an issue. And the Costco prices are the best we've found. HTH.
Honored Contributor

My husband and I purchased the Costco gel foam mattress about 4 yrs ago, maybe 5 yrs. We love it, still holding up. It is comfortable. I do not find it warm-hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I would purchase again. My mattress is guaranteed for 10 yrs. It was made in the USA.

Respected Contributor

We bought a regular mattress for our guest room from Costco several years ago. If you don't like any mattress you purchase from them, they will come pick it up for free and arrange for getting it returned. They have the best CS around. My DH and I sleep on a memory foam mattress at my brothers home and we both hate it. It gets super hot and has no give. We wake up in pain every morning. Glad to hear some of the new ones are softer. We love our Sleep # and wouldn't trade it for anything.