Honored Contributor

So - how many of us in this BB are campers?

And what is your style of camping? Tents? or Motorhomes? Do you travel or keep your rig stationary somewhere? We have a Hi Line destination camper which is the new fancy buzzword for a park model - parked at the closest campground to Pittsburgh we could find. We live in florida and snowbird up to stay in our camper from mid May til mid Oct. A lot depends on weather for us as we have become unaccustommed to being cold, so we don't go home until e are sure it is fairly warm in the burgh. This year we may be here in Fla til the Forth of July the way the weather is going.
Honored Contributor

Re: So - how many of us in this BB are campers?

I know there are campers on this board so I'm going to bump this up.
Esteemed Contributor

NO. Not here. We only have a small supply of camp equipment for any earthquake emergency. We do hotels, motor inns, and only a better motel if there isn't anything else available.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

We did a lot of camping when I was a kid, and I never liked it. I prefer renting a nice cabin or staying in a nice hotel/motel.

If I were going to have a second home somewhere I'd probably buy a condo there.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

I camped out at Holiday Inn the other night. That is my style these days. I've done the tent and pop up camper thing while the kids were growing up, and while I was a kid growing up. I've had enough "roughing it" which to me means not having a bathroom. Hubby thinks once he retires he's going to buy a 5th wheel trailor with the promise that I won't have to rough it. But we'll see. Not sure it will be afforable after he retires. But happy housewife, I sure would like to leave Texas during the summer and head up to Pittsburgh. I was just there a few weeks ago for a couple of days. - lucked out with beautiful weather inbetween snow storms. I love PA.

Contributor

I don't know if you would call it camping. It's more like a summer home. It's a 40 foot RV with 2 bedrooms, Directv and all the comforts of home. We keep it in one place and I wake up to a beautiful lake view every day.

Our RV is located very close to DH's employer so we stay out there all spring and summer to avoid the commute. We are surrounded by friends here and a few also spend every day here.

My great dane loves being able to walk out of his "big doghouse" and right into the lake whenever he feels like it. As the saying goes....I'm livin' the dream!

Respected Contributor

We have a one bedroom condo on wheels and we love it!! We keep in parked in the shop during the Winter and then when Spring comes we get it out and go to different areas here in CO and camp. We love it because it is like being at home but we get different views out of the city and it is peaceful and relaxing to just park by a stream and cook out on our grill and hike around with our dog Stanley the twelve pound Bichon! It is fun because we can just go from state to state if we want and just enjoy.

Honored Contributor

We started off with a Motor home in the early 90's when our kids were very young and we traveled to Disney ever year and always stayed in Fort Wilderness and LOVED it. We used the Motor Home for day trips with our friends other times throughout the year. It was a lot of fun.

Then when the kids got a little older we bought a 40' park Model and had a permanent spot in a Camping Resort on the water at the Jersey Shore. My DD was a Lifeguard every Summer for 7 years. We then bought a house here and moved permanently. Now kids are 30 and 27 but they still talk about all the fun they had at the Campground and traveling with our Motor Home.

I would do it over again in a minute....we really enjoyed it. It was fun and a great Family experience.

Super Contributor

My idea of camping probably would be a hotel with no TV. I have camped several times through the years and hate it.

Super Contributor

We have rv trailer,live in north carolina,come to tenn on weekends,more like a summer get away.we are retired.