Regular Contributor

So Bummed...2 Sets of Spheres Defective

Waited forever for an As Is set of the spheres in Purple, and ordered an additional As Is in Green. Much to my chagrin, opened both sets today and both are defective. It's killing me to send the purple back...they are gorgeous! The medium sphere in both sets is the problem - the purple has 3-4 lights burned out/not working so it doesn't glow like it's supposed to, and the green has a warped lopsided base where it won't sit properly.

I know I can reorder another set of the green, but I haven't seen the purple since I ordered mine 3 weeks ago.

It was a bummer to come home from my trip and have to send both sets back! Not to mention, QVC sent me the wrong color when I ordered the pink!

FYI, in looking at the regular priced spheres, I now notice they have a "Holiday Green" up for waitlist...assuming it's probably the dark hunter green in the Holiday Multi set.

Super Contributor

Re: So Bummed...2 Sets of Spheres Defective

So sorry. That is disappointing. So you're batting 0 for 3 in your sphere orders. I live close to a Q outlet and managed to get purple ones there. Hope you get the colors you want.

Honored Contributor

Oh, what a bummer. I hope you get the purple set you are wanting. Maybe they will come back in stock. I know how disappointing it is to be wanting something and it not turn out.
Trusted Contributor

That is a bummer StElmo. That is really disappointing. If these were returns, they must not have been checked very well.

Good luck on getting your purple.

JPC

Honored Contributor

My as is amber set arrived on Monday. I'm out of town and won't get to see them until Friday. I am a little nervous about the condition. I've had a little trouble with battery operated as is things before. Can't say that I've seen the purple in as is. Do you need 3 of them. You could probably get a reduced price if you kept them.

Trusted Contributor

I know it's no consolation but I like the spheres whether the light up or not. I only light them during the holidays and they are pretty just sitting on a shelf.
Respected Contributor

That's disappointing. I always mark my defective items clearly on the actual item so that the warehouse can see exactly why I returned them. Maybe not everyone does that.

Valued Contributor

So sorry that you are having problems with the spheres. I know how disappointing this can be. I have several sets of ""as is"" spheres in transit so I hope my luck is not the same.

Regular Contributor

I will reorder the As Is in the Green and keep my eyes peeled for the purple. I always indicate if an item is defective when doing a return to QVC so hopefully these are pulled from inventory. I have two other As Is sets of spheres which are absolutely perfect so guess I just had a run of very bad luck with this order!
Super Contributor

On 3/19/2014 graycatsrule said:

My as is amber set arrived on Monday. I'm out of town and won't get to see them until Friday. I am a little nervous about the condition. I've had a little trouble with battery operated as is things before. Can't say that I've seen the purple in as is. Do you need 3 of them. You could probably get a reduced price if you kept them.

There were several sets of purple at the outlet this afternoon. Still no pink which I've been watching for ever since they aired.