Valued Contributor

Anyone Have Tempurpedic or Sleep Innovations Mattress?

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these and need some recommendations. We're both larger size people who have back issues and are side sleepers. I know the Tempurpedic is top of the line; however the Sleep Innovations is much more affordable and also supposed to be a good mattress. Any input would be appreciated.
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Tempurpedic or Sleep Innovations Mattress?

My son bought a tempurpedic after he had major back surgery ,he hated it. It was the memory foam, and then the pillowtop and he had to return both. He then bought a sleepnumber and he loves it. He really loves it Best investment he ever made. The select comfort beds are made by sleepnumber too I believe. I hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I have a tempurpedic and I love it! I have had it for 4 years and when I travel my whole body knows the next day I wasn't sleeping in my bed! It molds to your shape when you lay in it but bounces right back as soon as you get out of it.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I have a Tempurpedic. I absolutely love it. I am also a side sleeper. I have had it for approximately 8 years. Will definitely buy another when the time comes.

Honored Contributor

We have a Serta memory foam, it approximates the Tempurpedic I looked at the day I was shopping, but at a much better price. It is about 8 years old and I still love it. DH thinks its a bit firm for him. We also had a Costco memory foam at our other house, I thought that was a bit softer. I will never sleep on anything else but some kind of memory foam. I sent for a sample of the gel foam when someone ran that big TV campaign several months ago. I've also purchased a gel foam pillow and took it back the same day without using it. Plain memory foam for me. I don't think its hot at all. But I would take gel foam as a second. I'm leery of the Sleep Number because a friend went to some theme park motel and the controls were broken on all the Sleep Number beds. Kids, I guess.

Super Contributor

I think the best advice is to find somewhere--a friend's house, a hotel--that has the mattresses you are interested in and sleep on one. This will tell you everything you need to know. Even if they are returnable, there's a cost for shipping and restocking, and it's a huge hassle as well. Memory foam isn't for everyone. I personally dislike it--I feel kind of confined, as if I am unable to move around. But of course others adore them. So there you are; no way to know what it does for you except by trying it out. I'd say the same applies to any type of bedding.

Super Contributor

I have a Tempurpedic, not a pillow top one, just a basic one. We love it. Bought it at a local store so we could return after 90 day trial without too much trouble, but we didn't need to. I think the store would have charged a delivery fee to pick it up for return, but would rather pay $60 than waste $2000.
Frequent Contributor

We bought an adjustable Tempurpedic 2 years ago & hate it. Bought it at Rooms To Go & they would not let us return it. Not only do I hate sleeping on it, the mattress is only 11 inches thick & cannot find sheets to fit it well. Also dread putting sheets on because not easy to make. Our bed also has side rails & I rake my hands up on the rails when tucking sheets under or smoothing out. Also don't like the mattress covers you are supposed to use to keep the feel of the bed. About $3,800 down the drain & stuck with bed. Unfortunately, put in guest room.

Frequent Contributor

We bought an adjustable Tempurpedic 2 years ago & hate it. Bought it at Rooms To Go & they would not let us return it. Not only do I hate sleeping on it, the mattress is only 11 inches thick & cannot find sheets to fit it well. Also dread putting sheets on because not easy to make. Our bed also has side rails & I rake my hands up on the rails when tucking sheets under or smoothing out. Also don't like the mattress covers you are supposed to use to keep the feel of the bed. About $3,800 down the drain & stuck with bed. Unfortunately, put in guest room.

Frequent Contributor

WOOPS! Sorry about the double posts. Suppose I let my feelings about this dreadful bed take over. Ha!