Trusted Contributor

So now that New Years is here.......

When do you take down your Christmas decorations?

I have a ladies group coming over Jan 7th, so I am thinking I should probably take down the decorations beforehand. It is just that I havw a lot to do and it is just me. Yuk.

Honored Contributor

Re: So now that New Years is here.......

We leave ours up until after Jan 7 because my husband's family celebrates Christmas on that day. Most of our neighbors do the same. Orthodox Christians celebrate following the old calendar.
Contributor

We will have New Year's lunch and dinner here with my family and we have friends coming over on Saturday for our Christmas gift exchange. I'll start taking down the tree on Sunday after church. It's decorated with snowmen, snowflakes, silver balls, snowballs, and white lights. It could stay up longer into January and still be fine. I also have the mantle decorated with white lights, silver sprigs, and large snowflakes. I have a few decorations in the kitchen and the hall bath. It won't take long to put everything away. I'll decorate with a few snowman decorations and a couple of cute things in February for Valentines.

Contributor

We will have New Year's lunch and dinner here with my family and we have friends coming over on Saturday for our Christmas gift exchange. I'll start taking down the tree on Sunday after church. It's decorated with snowmen, snowflakes, silver balls, snowballs, and white lights. It could stay up longer into January and still be fine. I also have the mantle decorated with white lights, silver sprigs, and large snowflakes. I have a few decorations in the kitchen and the hall bath. It won't take long to put everything away. I'll decorate with a few snowman decorations and a couple of cute things in February for Valentines.

Respected Contributor

well, my tree (4 foot table top but just took my 7 foot floor one down to the basement this year)stays up and I decorate it for each season, Christmas than Valentines day than St. Patty's Day and spring than summer, fall and back to Christmas.

We have lights wrapped around our outside pole light all year around as well. Right now they are red and green, next will be red and green than green and white which is also good for spring and summer than orange for fall than back to Christmas in red and green.

I do the same with a large fiber optic wreath, just decorate it for each season.

So, for us we like to see the lights all year around, sure brightens up the dull dreary winter days/nights.

Respected Contributor

Homes look so much prettier with decorations: I plan on leaving mine up till about mid-January.

Regular Contributor

I took mine down yesterday before doing a thorough house cleaning. It's just me too, so I keep everything simple. Easy to put up, easy to take down.

Just do what you can & don't worry about it. No one will die if your house is still decorated on Jan. 7th. Wink Happy New Year! TN

Trusted Contributor

We took ours down yesterday afternoon.

We had a rough Christmas over here (all sick with the stomach virus) and I just wanted to get my house back in order. It wasn't such a great end to the year... I wanted to start off 2014 with a clean slate! Smile

However, I think it's perfectly fine if you want to keep your tree up when your friends come. It's not like it's February! Lots of people keep their trees up through mid-January ( or longer!).

Esteemed Contributor

Not that I had much up, but mine's been down -- 2 days after. I left the antique sleigh bells there, though, and I always have one little string of lights on the mantle.

Respected Contributor

Our things will probably get taken down and put away sometime after this weekend. Is it just me, or did Christmas come and go very quickly?