Christmas in July(R) Sale
48 Members and 12609 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Shark lift-away vacuums questions

Started 1384538628.09 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1384738097.787 by Retired08

Today I was checking out the Sharks at BB&B and they have a new one, model 552 called the Shark Rotator Pro Complete Lift-Away for $299. Has anyone else seen that model? Would it be worth the extra $$ over the $259 Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1? We now have 2 cats and I need to vacuum more often that I have in the past. The 20% coupon will help a bit with the cost.

Page 1 of 1
JeanLouise­Finch1384552743.5710243 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Last year we bought the Shark Professional Navigator Lift-Away. It's GREAT for getting up pet hair. We have a big, hairy Golden Retriever and a cat. Prior to a few weeks ago, we had two cats and believe me, they all produced a lot of hair. You will be amazed at the amount of hair you pull up when you vacuum. When we bought ours, the Rotator version wasn't out yet. If I were going to buy a vacuum today, I would consider that one, but that isn't meant to say the Navigator Professional is lacking in any way. It does a great job.

Just a little of unsolicited advice....Before you buy from BBB, you might do better elsewhere. When we bought ours, I was able to go through Ebates and shop at Kohls. The vacuum was on sale, plus I had a 30% off coupon code. I also got free shipping. Thru tomorrow, Nov. 16th, TURKEY30 will get you 30% off. The Rotator also happens to be on sale for $259.99 and the Navigator Professional is on sale for $219.99 at Kohls right now so you can do better there than at BBB....just sayin'.

Retired081384559560.175296 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

We own the Shark Navigator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with BacksaverHandle that we purchased from QVC two years ago for $219. I am sure that this brand has improved even more since we purchased ours.

I can't give you an information about the price, but, I can tell you (even tho Dyson owners get VERY defensive from what I have read on these boards), it is the best vacuum I have ever owned for the least amount I've ever spent on one.

I hope you find a good price, but don't hesitate when you do. If you have pets, you need this vacuum.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

ccassaday1384631634.1831579 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

I have the rotator lift away. I love it. It is so light weIght. LIke above poster said do some research. I got mine for 189 at kohls with the 20 percent coupon then got free clothes with my kohls cash. I doubt the extra money for the newest one is really worth it.

surprise_s­ometime1384652015.3271000 PostsRegistered 11/20/2009

I have the Professional rotator lift away, and I LOVE it. Not sure what the difference is with the Pro Complete, but I couldn't be happier with the one I have.

kachina6241384669118.76314812 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
I looked these up a Khol's and notice that the most expensive model is only 10 amps. That not very powerful. All my vacuums have been at least 12 amps, which is the maximum. I'd be very wary of this machine.

adoreqvc1384725761.6735118 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

i had an expensive dyson and also bought the shark rotator and prefer the sharke to dyson. my dyson was a little over 5 years old and just died. i spent a lot of money on it and felt it cleaned but was over rated so i decided to try the rotator and it is really a work horse and a very very powerful machine. definitely worth the price and is lighter and easier to maneuver than dyson.

this is the one i got from qvc and it is reduced to $199.00 with 5 easy pays now.

V32283

Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments
Enlarge Photo
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum with 6 Attachments

Retail Value: $246.00

QVC Price: $220.00

Featured Price:

$199.95

Shipping & Handling: $17.47

Did someone yell, "Shark!"? Rush towards this powerful, portable, upright vacuum when it's time to clean. The 3-in-1 device attacks unsuspecting dirt lurking throughout your home. And, with its Rotator swivel steering, anti-allergen technology, and six attachments, your chores are sure to go swimmingly. From Shark.

• Includes vacuum with HEPA filter, straight suction nozzle, 12" crevice tool, premium power brush, multitool, home and auto detail kit, and canister caddy
  • Ergonomic accessories
  • Anti-allergen technology forms complete seal; ideal for homes with pets
  • Rotator swivel for difficult-to-reach areas
  • Headlights
  • Wand reach 34"
  • 3.1-quart bin capacity
  • 9-3/4"W cleaning path
  • Approximate measurements: Vacuum 46"H x 12"D x 12"W; Cord 30'L; weighs approximately 16 lbs
  • ETL listed; 5-year Limited
  • Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Made in China

Last edited on 11/17/2013

gunnersmom1384726350.447258 PostsRegistered 1/29/2006Mount Vernon, Ohio

I have a Dyson, but my next sweeper will be a Shark.

kachina6241384727961.13314812 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
Last night I checked Sharks on the Kohl's website. The most expensive one is only 10 amps, which is not much. I've always bought machines that are 12 amps, the maximum you can buy. Then I went on Amazon and read reviews. There were many good ones but the negative ones made me forget about owning a Shark. Read before you buy. I don't think they even compare with a Dyson. Mine is over 10 years old. When people start raving about how lightweight they are, I read CHEAP.

conlt1384728285.4331735 PostsRegistered 5/22/2007
I don't know the answer to your question but I have the Shark Rotator Lift Away Professional that I bought at Sams for $239 and I love it. I love having that rolling caddy. QVC might have a better price now and offers more accessories I think. Anyway, this is the best vacuum I have ever had. I have 4 birds and 2 Shelties who are long haired dogs. This Vacuum does the trick. I have hard floors so I use the canister a lot plus it can get under things. Do not hesitate to buy one but look at the prices. I am glad I have the lift away though as it has been very handy for my needs.

nomless1384728758.814305 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Have the Pro Rotator Liftaway, love it . Also have the new Shark Rocket vac, love it too. Both do a good job picking up cat litter.

blueroses471384731486.1632107 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005Central NJ

A year or so ago, I bought a Shark vacuum, a lift-away one, but not the newest version. I had moved to a new house with hardwood floors on the lower level and carpeting on the second floor, and my old Oreck (which I had originally loved because it was so lightweight) was just not functioning well enough for house ( I had previously lived in a smaller ranch).

Well, I loved the Shark immediately for its power. I can't compare it to anything better, like a Dyson, but the Shark seemed great to me.

Recently I bought a Shark Rocket which is such a great companion to the other Shark I have. I now keep the vacuum upstairs where I have all the carpeting and the Rocket (which has great, great suction) stays downstairs where it's great in the kitchen and the area rugs on the hardwood and also is easier to use when detached (like a dust-buster type vacuum). The Rocket is smaller and easier to maneuver than the full sized vacuum which is perfect downstairs with tables, chairs around etc.

Loving these two as much as I did, I then bought the Shark Sonic Duo which really helps with the washing and polishing of the hardwood and seems to work pretty well on the area rugs and the stairs.

I sound like an advertisement for Shark, but I have to say I'm really happy so far with these products. I'm thinking I may need a more powerful carpet cleaner for the upstairs, but I'll think about it, for now these Sharks seem to be functioning well.

I'd recommend a Shark vacuum for sure. It does a good job, and while I don't consider $200 plus cheap, it's affordable when compared to some of the more expensive vacuums. It has a good solid feel to it. So do the other two units I've purchased (Rocket and Sonic Duo), but time will tell.

Vamp1384731903.22311232 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences on this subject. I am looking to replace my current vacuum cleaner, which works okay (good but not great) but is sooooo heavy!

ccassaday1384732002.751579 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

No its so light weight. Way lighter then my old dyson. I have physical challenges and have no problem using it. I think qvc has the model if you want to see the exact weight.

ccassaday1384732397.51579 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

It says it is 16 pounds. I got all the accesories the q offers except the car kit which you can buy for about 8 bucks off amazon f you want it. If you can get it at kohls its a great deal with a 20 percent coupon. 189 dollars an free clothes with kohls cash I thought was a great deal.

Retired081384737293.9435296 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

Amps have NOTHING to do with the cleaning power of a vacuum cleaner. There are many articles online that confirm this. Here is one.

The average consumer on the street assumed that the more amps (electricity) a vacuum cleaner had, rated at meant more power and obviously greater performance in picking up dirt. Sadly many consumers still today are being misled by assuming what manufactures want you to believe. Certain manufactures such as Dyson are spending up to $70 million dollars per year just so they can sell you the sizzle so you'll want to buy their steak.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6156667

Here is another:

Question: Do More Vacuum Cleaner Amps Mean More Power?
Answer: Yes. More amps mean more power, but not necessarily suction power or cleaning power.
In other words, you don't have to have 12 amps to have a good vacuum.

Retired081384738097.7835296 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia
On 11/17/2013 Retired08 said:

Amps have NOTHING to do with the cleaning power of a vacuum cleaner. There are many articles online that confirm this. Here is one.

The average consumer on the street assumed that the more amps (electricity) a vacuum cleaner had, rated at meant more power and obviously greater performance in picking up dirt. Sadly many consumers still today are being misled by assuming what manufactures want you to believe. Certain manufactures such as Dyson are spending up to $70 million dollars per year just so they can sell you the sizzle so you'll want to buy their steak.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6156667

Here is another:

Question: Do More Vacuum Cleaner Amps Mean More Power?
Answer: Yes. More amps mean more power, but not necessarily suction power or cleaning power.
In other words, you don't have to have 12 amps to have a good vacuum.

Here is another excellent source if the question of "how many amps" is concerning to you.

http://www.bestvacuum.com/vacuum-cleaner-specifications

Page 1 of 1