TSV(R) Preview
70 Members and 9804 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Mattresses from Big Lots

Started 1269568629.83 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1269972461.41 by LovemyBE
replies

Has anyone bought a mattress set from them?  We need a new set, and BL has a queen Serta Perfect Sleeper Halloway set (Super Pillow top) for $569. Sounds awfully good.????Any suggestions on this?  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
duke mom1269579931.4231442 PostsRegistered 7/12/2009

We bought a Serta Mattress from Big Lots almost two years ago when we moved into our new house. My husband just committed a few weeks ago that this was the most comfortable mattress that he had ever slept on. We bought the best pillow top that they had, but forgive me I don't remember what the name was. If you've never had a pillow top mattress before do know that you don't flip them. What we do though is turn the bed around every 6 months. We have been very pleased with our purchase. Sometimes they run a special the mattress for regular price and the foundation for 1 cent.

Pianomama1269586396.9672875 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007southern California

Thanks Duke Mom.  I have reservations about not being able to lay down on it to try it out.  I can't see how you can when they are stacked up in the store.  I guess I could go to a store that sells the same brand and try them out.

Bdeezy1269616518.24595 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Delaware

I too recently purchased a pillow top from Big Lots....at that price I question it's life expectancy, but I was determined to make a change. I will be rotating mine also since you can't flip it, being a pillowtop. Mine was a Serta for the price you quoted. So far no complaints!!

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left......

You drink, smoke cigerettes, have questionable morals - what more could I want in a BFF?

lynnmc20661269620632.653103 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

We just bought a new Serta twin mattress last week from Big Lots for our guest room and my grandson who is currently using the room says it's the most comfortable bed he's ever slept on.

I've also found the furniture guys in our local store to be pretty helpful so go to the store at an off-time and I bet they will find a way to let you try out the mattress. We also bought a platform bed and the guy dragged it out for us to see it better.

Lynn

Caffeina1269639556.4231881 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

The Big Lots mattresses aren't foam encased like the more expensive ones, but that doesn't have any affect on the overall comfort. Our Big Lots has the mattresses set up on frames, so you can try before you buy. They don't deliver, so you'll need a way to get it home yourself.

duke mom1269652574.8931442 PostsRegistered 7/12/2009

Our Big Lots also has each mattress they carry on display. We have a really large Big Lots so maybe some of the smaller stores aren't able to do this. I have been in a couple of Big Lots stores that were quite small. If you can't try it out in the store the idea of going to another store that carries the same Serta Mattresses is smart.

Snowpuppy1269655361.866497 PostsRegistered 12/2/2005Up North, MI

I did my share of mattress shopping last fall and I price shopped the cheap to the ridiculous!

Compare things like the quality of the mattress cover, coil count, etc and then you are comparing features and not just price.  I don't care what the warranty is, I've never had a set give me 10 years when used every night.

mom431269919258.151127 PostsRegistered 4/26/2005

We just got a great queen set from 1800 mattres for $599.  It is a Sealy Ultra Plush and delivery was free.  You should check out their site mattres dot com.  We've used them several times and have never been sorry.  They will come back and take the mattress away if you don't like it.  (We did it once - the mattress was too hard, so we had them exchange it for something softer.)

LovemyBE1269972461.4125485 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

I love Serta mattress and honestly think they are the best out there. But I wouldn't buy one from Big Lots. My reason is that one time Date Line did a show on mattress being sold in stores like that & how they end up there. You'll get a good deal, but you also risk having bed mites & mold within the mattress. And usually your warranty is void when purchasing from this store. This show scared the heck out of me. So if I have to pay full price for peice of mind, I do.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

Page 1 of 1