Not applicable

When will you start your fall decorating, and where will you start decorating first?

It's been feeling like fall at our house for the past two weeks, with a few nighttime temps as low as the forties. Some of our leaves will turn by mid month, and I'm so ready to start fall decorating.

The past few years I've started mid- August, and this year I've set out a few fall pieces over the past few days. Things like sunflower and pumpkin salt and pepper shakers in the kitchen, and a few pieces were changed on the mantle. Due to health issues, I've had to pare down how much I do, but will always love decorating our mantle and hearth. I don't need too much else in the living room, but will add some pieces to the top of the curio, and change some pieces out inside.

I have pieces now that belonged to my mom and grandmother that are a deeper orange color which I'm thrilled to be using. There's a pressed glass bowl on the kitchen table now, and two smaller ones will be added to make a nice centerpiece. Candles will be added to the smaller ones, probably flame less, and possibly a few pumpkins or gourds to the larger.

This morning I was able to check out Dollar tree, and spotted at least six different styles of pumpkins, smaller sizes, along with a fresh supply of fall flowers. I bought sunflowers for a pitcher that stays on top of a rustic cabinet my grandfather made, and some to add to the mantle. I'll do a few pieces at a time, if I can pace myself .{#emotions_dlg.scared} But you know how that goes........{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Please tell us about your favorite places to decorate, pieces new or old that you love, any ideas you like to share are certainly welcome too! When are you starting? Have you already? Inquiring minds NEED to know !!!! lol pinky