Weekend Preview
147 Members and 10586 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Restonic Matteress With Gel?

Started 1357420568.607 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1359831974.733 by MarthaStewardess

Does anyone have a Restonic Mattress with Gel? We been out looking at memory foam mattresses with gel looked at A LOT!

I never heard of this brand before Restonic they are a little bit cheaper then the well known brand beds the bed we are looking at is called Restonic Reflections it has the outlast material that is a lot cooler then the other material on the matteress of the well known brands.

I read about outlast and I have been wanting a bed with it. But it worries me no updated reviews the salesman said consumer digest rated Restonic mattresses as #1 for several years. If they are so good why no reviews. Just wondering if anyone has a Restonic matteress if you do how do you like it.

Page 1 of 1
autumnsuns­et1357431480.3172401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I guess no one has a Restonic mattress {#emotions_dlg.unsure} and there not very popular and there a bad mattress. The few reviews I did read on the Internet were not very good. I think we better get a Serta.

Last edited on 1/5/2013

Last edited on 1/5/2013

AuntG1357437062.556342 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

Nope, never heard of them. If you find a mattress that has consistantly high ratings, I would love to know about it. Whenever I read reviews, opinions vary so much that I end up totally confused.

mistriTsqu­irrel1357475745.30310647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

I have a Restonic mattress...not a gel one, but a pillowtop. I LOVE IT!!! I call it my "cloud bed" because it feels like I'm lying on a cloud. The only downside is the trouble I have getting out of bed in the morning!! My recommendation would be to lay on several in a showroom first so that you are sure which Restonic you want (they differ in firmness, like any other brand).

My parents bought a Restonic mattress for my grandmother, and she loves hers as well.

Last edited on 1/6/2013

Last edited on 1/6/2013

Heartburn Can Cause Cancer -- www.ecan.org

autumnsuns­et1357477990.1132401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/6/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:

I have a Restonic mattress...not a gel one, but a pillowtop. I LOVE IT!!! I call it my "cloud bed" because it feels like I'm lying on a cloud. The only downside is the trouble I have getting out of bed in the morning!! My recommendation would be to lay on several in a showroom first so that you are sure which Restonic you want (they differ in firmness, like any other brand).

My parents bought a Restonic mattress for my grandmother, and she loves hers as well.

Last edited on 1/6/2013

Thank you so much for posting I was starting to think no one had a Restonic we are going to the show room tomorrow to check them out the salesman/owner said there just as nice as a well known brand just a little cheaper doing a search I found very few reviews and the few reviews I did find were not very good but I did a search on other well know brands of beds and there was complaints on them too a lot more then Restonic. Living on a fixed income anytime we can save a little money I'm for that.

Hubby and I are looking for a memory foam bed because hubby has scoliosis of the spine and has had more then one back surgery and he has laid on a memory foam mattress before and really likes them.

The bed we are looking at has this outlast material on the bed the bed is called Restonic Tempa-gel the outlast material keeps the memory foam so much cooler then the other brand beds.

You can buy a mattress pad made with the outlast material from coolingmatteress.com but for a queen bed there like $250 to high for us. My husband keeps telling me just because the bed company does not have a well known name like Serta it doesn't mean it's not a good company.

I did read Consumers Digest gave Rastonic the Best Buy award I think seven years in a row the owner told me that and it's on Restonic website been in business for 38 years. We will check out the mattress Monday thank you so much for posting I hope I read more reviews the good and the bad. Thank you again have a nice day.

autumnsuns­et1357515720.322401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Hubby wants to buy this mattress Restonic Tempa-gel just wondering if anyone had this mattress and if you do how long have you had it and is it holding up ok?

I'm not to sure if I want this brand I rather stick with a Serta icomfort. I never heard of Restonic there mattresses are a lot cheaper then the well know brands.

mistriTsqu­irrel1357617423.12710647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA
On 1/6/2013 autumnsunset said:

Last edited on 1/6/2013

Thank you so much for posting I was starting to think no one had a Restonic we are going to the show room tomorrow to check them out the salesman/owner said there just as nice as a well known brand just a little cheaper doing a search I found very few reviews and the few reviews I did find were not very good but I did a search on other well know brands of beds and there was complaints on them too a lot more then Restonic. Living on a fixed income anytime we can save a little money I'm for that.

Hubby and I are looking for a memory foam bed because hubby has scoliosis of the spine and has had more then one back surgery and he has laid on a memory foam mattress before and really likes them.

The bed we are looking at has this outlast material on the bed the bed is called Restonic Tempa-gel the outlast material keeps the memory foam so much cooler then the other brand beds.

You can buy a mattress pad made with the outlast material from coolingmatteress.com but for a queen bed there like $250 to high for us. My husband keeps telling me just because the bed company does not have a well known name like Serta it doesn't mean it's not a good company.

I did read Consumers Digest gave Rastonic the Best Buy award I think seven years in a row the owner told me that and it's on Restonic website been in business for 38 years. We will check out the mattress Monday thank you so much for posting I hope I read more reviews the good and the bad. Thank you again have a nice day.

You're welcome.

If you haven't tried a Select Comfort mattress out, you may want to check those out too...they are more expensive though...but you know what they say, you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, so it had better be comfortable!! I can relate to simply not having money in the budget for it though. One thing I will say is that no mattress pad I've ever purchased has ever made up for a mediocre mattress...thankfully, my Restonic mattress is great, so I don't need a mattress pad.

autumnsuns­et1357648316.9272401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/7/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:
On 1/6/2013 autumnsunset said:

Last edited on 1/6/2013

You're welcome.

If you haven't tried a Select Comfort mattress out, you may want to check those out too...they are more expensive though...but you know what they say, you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, so it had better be comfortable!! I can relate to simply not having money in the budget for it though. One thing I will say is that no mattress pad I've ever purchased has ever made up for a mediocre mattress...thankfully, my Restonic mattress is great, so I don't need a mattress pad.

Good Morning I just want you to know we did go check out the Restonic yesterday it was called the Enchantment and it was wonderful firm but still soft but still out of our price range it was $1,289 on sale but your right just laying on that mattress it was like sleeping on a cloud my husband sure did like it. Living on a fixed income is sure hard but everyone is struggling now days. I'm glad your restonic is working out how long have you had it?

mistriTsqu­irrel1357660442.0110647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

It's only been about 3 years since I got mine, but mine was purchased because my Grandmother's Restonic has been so nice...hers has to be five or six years old, and it is still comfy. I'm hoping to get at least 10 or 12 more years out of mine...that's not too much to ask, right? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I hear they say you should change your mattress every ten years or something like that ("they" being the mattress manufacturers, I'll bet). {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

It is a lot of money...but 8 hours a day is a lot of time to spend doing anything, and how you sleep can affect your whole day. For me, it has been an important component of my life. I have sleep problems, fibromyalgia, and I work a job that has me on my feet all day (and all of the aches and pains that go with it {#emotions_dlg.glare}). For awhile I was sleeping on a bed that was unpleasantly firm, and I had pain in my back every day. It's hard to go through each day like that and want to engage in the day-to-day things that you have to do...and the day-to-day things that make life worthwhile.

Last edited on 1/8/2013

Last edited on 1/8/2013

autumnsuns­et1357663655.372401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/8/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:

It's only been about 3 years since I got mine, but mine was purchased because my Grandmother's Restonic has been so nice...hers has to be five or six years old, and it is still comfy. I'm hoping to get at least 10 or 12 more years out of mine...that's not too much to ask, right? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I hear they say you should change your mattress every ten years or something like that ("they" being the mattress manufacturers, I'll bet). {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

It is a lot of money...but 8 hours a day is a lot of time to spend doing anything, and how you sleep can affect your whole day. For me, it has been an important component of my life. I have sleep problems, fibromyalgia, and I work a job that has me on my feet all day (and all of the aches and pains that go with it {#emotions_dlg.glare}). For awhile I was sleeping on a bed that was unpleasantly firm, and I had pain in my back every day. It's hard to go through each day like that and want to engage in the day-to-day things that you have to do...and the day-to-day things that make life worthwhile.

Last edited on 1/8/2013

No matter what mattress you buy I expect at least 10 years out of it we have had our share of mattress's over our life time we use to have a sleep number bed a few years back it started giving us problems in it's 7th year the zipper broke on it then the pump went out sure they gave us a prorated cost for a refurbished pump hubby said no way was he paying that so we bought another mattress a memory foam but the foam in it seems to be breaking down ( off brand ) and the side of the bed will collapses I have fallen off the bed at 3am more times then I care to count.

We want a gel memory foam bed because hubby has scholisis and degeneration of the spine and he too has a job he is on his feet the minute he clocks in till he leaves the memory foam has helped him. I worry so much about my husband rolling off the bed I been sleeping on the sofa and letting him have the whole bed by himself so he can sleep in the middle. He said you can't keep sleeping on the sofa I said I agree but I can't have you falling on the floor either.

One day hubby was sitting on the bed putting on his socks he yells that hurt I said whats wrong I walk into the bedroom he was on the floor I said what you doing down there he said I was putting on my socks sitting on the bed and the side just went down gave away I said I know the feeling.

We are looking for a gel bed with memory foam we thought of the serta icomfort insight in our price range but just a little bit too firm and the next one up that is a little bit softer just too expensive the way this economy is going I have a feeling you will see more sales on furniture & mattresses because people will not be buying.

Out of all the mattresses we have looked at and tried hubby and I both like the Restonic the best I'm hoping we can find a better sale on it then $1,289

Last edited on 1/8/2013

Last edited on 1/8/2013

mistriTsqu­irrel1357713460.56710647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

What a shame that you've had to go through so much with your mattresses. I've gone through a lot of mattress pads before I got this mattress.

Maybe you can find someone at the store who will level with you about what time of year their sale prices are the best...and you can always keep looking for something else. I like to make sure to spend enough time lying on a bed in the showroom to get a good idea of what it may feel like to actually sleep on the thing. I probably look like an idiot lying on the same bed for 20-30 minutes--and other people who want to try the bed get annoyed--but I don't care...it's too much money to spend to take the chance that it will be a dud, you know?

Pianomama1357715994.142875 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007southern California

I read somewhere that from late May to early fall is the best time to purchase mattresses and box springs. This is when retailers get support from mattress manufacturers in the form of advertising and special offers. I badly need a new m/bs. Mine has to be well over 20 years old. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

autumnsuns­et1357743252.2372401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/9/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:

What a shame that you've had to go through so much with your mattresses. I've gone through a lot of mattress pads before I got this mattress.

Maybe you can find someone at the store who will level with you about what time of year their sale prices are the best...and you can always keep looking for something else. I like to make sure to spend enough time lying on a bed in the showroom to get a good idea of what it may feel like to actually sleep on the thing. I probably look like an idiot lying on the same bed for 20-30 minutes--and other people who want to try the bed get annoyed--but I don't care...it's too much money to spend to take the chance that it will be a dud, you know?

Hey if you going to spend a hunk of money on a new mattress I say take the time to try it out like me I don't care if I lay on it 20 minutes or more these mattresses are expensive especially in this tight economy.

This mattress store that has the restonic and serta icomfort is family owned we went to a couple of well know furniture stores looked walked right out WOW you would not believe the high prices you know who they cater to the rich.

Hubby and I are not rich like everyone we are struggling. We may up buying the Serta icomfort insight firm it's in our price range maybe it will soften up over time.

We even bought a gel memory foam topper for this mattress it is going back to the store not only to hard for hubby but it was hot hot hot and I thought a gel topper was suppose to be cool. We will keep looking hopefully we will find something soon.

Last edited on 1/9/2013

Last edited on 1/9/2013

autumnsuns­et1357744017.6272401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 1/9/2013 Pianomama said:

I read somewhere that from late May to early fall is the best time to purchase mattresses and box springs. This is when retailers get support from mattress manufacturers in the form of advertising and special offers. I badly need a new m/bs. Mine has to be well over 20 years old. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

We sure can't wait that long we need something now you would think as bad as this economy is you see more sales. If your mattress is 20 + years now that is what I call a good mattress {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

adoreqvc1357773816.2135469 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

i would get a mattress that has at least a 180 day free trial with free shipping both ways, and at least a 20 year warranty from the manufacturer.

with the mattress prices being so expensive, at least get the above and you wil be ahead of the game.

btw memory foam toppers are great provided there are no sink holes in the original mattress, because adding the topper to a mattress which already has defects, will only cause the topper to also get the same defects as the original memory foam mattress.

Last edited on 1/12/2013

Last edited on 1/12/2013

mistriTsqu­irrel1357895414.45310647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

Well, I hope you find what you need soon...in your price range.

Smile

AuntG1357947117.2836342 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

$1289 would be out of my price range too. When we replace ours, I want to keep it in the $800 range for a Queen, would go higher if we decided to get a king size bed.

autumnsuns­et1357962678.8832401 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

We decided not to get a gel memory foam mattress too expensive we are looking at a Serta we have to buy what we can afford.

We are not wealthy and money is tight. We looked at a lot of gel memory foam mattresses $1,289 or higher and we just can not afford these high prices.

We thought by buying at a furniture we get better deals wrong wow mattresses are expensive no matter where we looked even at discount stores expensive for a gel memory foam so it will be a Serta.

Last edited on 1/11/2013

Last edited on 1/11/2013

MarthaStew­ardess1359831974.7137295 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
On 1/5/2013 autumnsunset said:

I guess no one has a Restonic mattress {#emotions_dlg.unsure} and there not very popular and there a bad mattress. The few reviews I did read on the Internet were not very good. I think we better get a Serta.

Last edited on 1/5/2013

I don't know about Restonic with Gel, but I have a Restonic and love it. It's the Restonic Aston Super Plush. I bought it in 1996 and it's been great and still in great condition.

Page 1 of 1