Frequent Contributor

Issac show models- why the sunglasses?

I don't watch Issac very often, but last time I noticed every model that was on set was wearing sunglasses- are they his brand or just trying to make a statement?
Super Contributor

Re: Issac show models- why the sunglasses?

I always figured it was so they are incognito / unrecognizable ... don't want their friends to know they wear IM's clothes.

If you think sunglasses on models is odd, there's another male designer who puts sunglasses (and earrings) on his mesh mannequins!

Honored Contributor

Just a style choice.

I think the glasses look good with most of IM's clothes - and they separate his style from anyone else currently on QVC. That's good, too, more for him than for me. However, I do wear sunglasses almost everyday of my life- even lots of gray days are brighter than my eyes like, so those glasses are my style, too, in a way.

Honored Contributor

I have wondered if it's because the studio lights are so bright...maybe they are saving their eyes? Those studio lights must be difficult and bright for hosts who have a multi-hour show...

Esteemed Contributor

Isaac's models are often in sunglasses which makes me wonder why his QVC sunglasses don't have videos on the item page. One has a video, and it has a message that it can't be played on a mobile device (iPad). The other styles don't even have a video presentation on the product pages. Odd since his models are usually wearing them.
Esteemed Contributor

I find it so ridiculous....that I no longer watch any of his shows and I change the channel when he has one or two featured items on another show...(aka...PMS..etc....)

Petty of me I know....can't help it.....if the models had shorts and a tank top...like they were going to the beach....I could see the sunglasses...but they come out in coats....sweaters...etc.....totally unnecessary...

Honored Contributor

It's just his schtick. Doesn't bother me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

I think that they're just trying to make the models look more "hip" (do people even say that anymore???) or sophisticated. Personally, I think that they look silly.

Super Contributor

When I see those models with sunglasses on I change the

channel..they are a total and utter distraction..and I wonder

if they are trying to sell shades or the clothes they are wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have sunglasses on almost every time I go out the door to the outside so most of my clothing is worn with sunglasses at some point!