Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 3/31)

Good morning, shopping friends. We are beginning to have a warm up which is very much welcomed. Of course, last night the weather person had to remind us that it has snowed in our area as late as in May. I choose to think it won't this year. Sun reigns supreme even if the temperatures are nippy....and today is a sunny day!

I did see part of the Spring gardening thing and the beautiful flowers. I'm sorry but I no longer have a green thumb. At one time, I could get beautiful results but that is no longer a reality. I was tempted by the blueberry plant but it is just as easy to buy blueberries in the store for the money invested that may not materialize.

I've been streaming some things from Netflix and have cleaned the bathroom. Yes, I use the Don Aslett products. Now, it is time to have an early lunch and then get ready to go to the doctor's appointment and face reality. Thank you for all your prayers and support.

I did weigh myself this morning and found that I am down 5 pounds this month. I just haven't been eating that much.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 3/31)

Jean, I caught up on the last couple of weeks threads. I'm praying for favorable news for you today.

Bernadette

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernadette or Bird--Thank you. The doctor told me to stay off the blood thinner for ten days after the procedure, which makes me think he wants me ready to go for something else. I've read and read so I'm prepared for several possibilities. Knowledge is power!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, call me either. I just put 'bird' in my signature so it would be easier for folks to type out. I answer to Bernie also. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, Prayers for you as you go to your appt. today. Some of our biggest & heaviest snow storms are in March. The good thing is that they don't last that long this time of year.

DH is recovering from his ailment. Now I am thinking that it may be allergies. I need to go to the laundromat to wash our winter comforter & put it away for the season. I don't like doing it in my washer as it is very heavy.

It is beautiful & sunny after waking up to fog this morning. We will be near 60 today & near 70 by tomorrow. This is much above normal for us right now. I washed sheets & they are blowing in the breeze. DH is bringing the new microwave into the kitchen today. I already miss it as I didn't drink my morning coffee when it was hot & when I went to reheat it--no microwave. I had to heat it in a pan on top of the stove. UGGG!

My appt. went well yesterday & I don't have to return for 6 months unless problems arise with my disorder. After getting the new microwave & doing a little shopping at JCP we stopped at our local clinic to see if I could get my port flushed instead of waiting until Thursday. I took the lidocaine & a patch with me to numb it as it takes an hour for me to be pain free for flushes & infusions. If I am sick by then, at least the port is ready to go again. My nurses are angels & were able to get me right in. I have had 3 of the same nurses for almost 14 years. I dread when they decided to retire.

Nice to hear from you again bird mama.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Glad you are having warmer weather Jean. Like Bernadette, I am praying for you. And, thanks for your comments about the cactus picture I posted on FB. As I mentioned, I thought this plant was dead last winter, but took a chance and just put it back in the soil. That was a very good decision! Today, the third bloom came out as I expected. There are many beautiful flowers/bushes/trees blooming here. Mostly desert plants, but some of our neighbors grow beautiful roses, etc. I sincerely doubt that I'll be buying anything from today's offering. I hear you about the blueberries.

Hi Bernadette!

DH and I are just back from our walk, and I was perfectly warm enough in a short-sleeved T-shirt. It got quite warm here yesterday, and even DH felt it (he is almost always cold). When we went to bed, the temperature on my clock radio was 80 degrees!

I found another house "need" -- new kitchen cabinets. I know they will be very expensive, but I don't think that it makes sense to keep ignoring the problems I am having with them. Some of the drawers are broken (inside), and I have had them repaired before. Also, other cabinets have cracks/holes in them (inside). I have replaced kitchen cabinets in other houses, but it was due to the outside, not the inside. Oh well.... I will need to find someone to do the job, and figure out how to pay for it.

We have the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym in the afternoon.

Happy to hear that things went well for you yesterday twinny, and I hope that your microwave is ready soon.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, pinky ann (hope you enjoy your volunteer job), Gayle, Susan, Marijane, Rosa, LindaR, Charlene, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Jean..angel wings envelope you. twiinny , I have a port but have it flushed with no ,idocains. Not fun, since the use a 1 inch needle.
Respected Contributor

Jean: prayers for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny and Barbara--Although necessary, those ports sound a little challenging. We do what we have to do in order to maintain quality of life.

Linda--I'm glad the cactus continues to bloom. I'm sorry you are facing the expense of replacing the kitchen cabinets. If it isn't one expense, it is another.

Bird--I always used "Bird" as that was what was in your signature but now I will remember Bernie!!

Lunch is down the hatch. I just put on a pair of George Simonton brown crystal knit pants and topped it with an SG top brown, with shades of orange and yellow mixed in it. It sounds odd but it is very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm off to the city, time to get there a little early and relax reading my Kindle before the appointment.