Respected Contributor

What is your opinion about Chico's?

It is been hit or miss for me. I find their prices too high for the fabrics they use, but with sales and coupons it works . I like their travelling and Zenergy lines. I travel often and find their stuff very packing friendly.
Super Contributor

Re: What is your opinion about Chico's?

I used to wear their Travelers line when it came out many years ago, but haven't purchased any Chicos lately. I still have some beautiful Asian inspired tunics that I can wear over narrow pants and leggings. If I remember correctly, you got an automatic 5% off each purchase from becoming a 'member,' and a coupon on your birthday. The catalog coupons were generous as well. I know many people who love their jewelry.

Shop eBay for Chicos as well. That site is flooded with new and gently worn Chicos for great deals. We have some local consignment shops that have special racks just for Chicos, and I've noticed that many still have the tags on.

I do think they are a quality product and while they have styles that are trending, many are classics. And yes, they launder and travel very well.

Super Contributor

Just like every other "shopping experience" ... sometimes you find lots of things and sometimes not. In the past, I've been disappointed when something was sold out in my size. So now when I see something I want, I buy it rather than wait for a mark-down.

I think about 1/4 of my closet is from Chico's .. they have interesting sweaters, ponchos and scarves and their pants are a really good fit for me. I like palazzo pants and Chico's usually has just the right combination of color/fabric/ print for me.

I have a fairly good collection of Travelers. My favorite white pants are lined Travelers. I can't recall how long I've had them (seems like quite a few years) ... but they can be dressy enough to get me through any NYC summer event.

I like their turtleneck shirts. I like the long snug collar that Chico's shirts have.

I have a few of their Black Label and Zenergy pieces.

Chico's suits my personal style and my lifestyle ... I have no doubt I'll continue shopping there.

AND ... back in about 2003 when I first had my hair cut this way, I used a picture of one of the models from Chico's catalog to show the guy who does my hair the kind of haircut I wanted. Both she and I are still wearing the same hair style.

Honored Contributor

I like their things. I've got several things from there but have not actually bought many. Most of my Chico's things have been gifts.

Trusted Contributor

I like Chico's; I do a lot of shopping at their outlet stores and wait for sales and coupons. I also love JJill for easy, comfortable clothing.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Kathleen said:

Just like every other "shopping experience" ... sometimes you find lots of things and sometimes not. In the past, I've been disappointed when something was sold out in my size. So now when I see something I want, I buy it rather than wait for a mark-down.

I think about 1/4 of my closet is from Chico's .. they have interesting sweaters, ponchos and scarves and their pants are a really good fit for me. I like palazzo pants and Chico's usually has just the right combination of color/fabric/ print for me.

I have a fairly good collection of Travelers. My favorite white pants are lined Travelers. I can't recall how long I've had them (seems like quite a few years) ... but they can be dressy enough to get me through any NYC summer event.

I like their turtleneck shirts. I like the long snug collar that Chico's shirts have.

Chico's suits my personal style and my lifestyle ... I have no doubt I'll continue shopping there.

AND ... back in about 2003 when I first had my hair cut this way, I used a picture of one of the models from Chico's catalog to show the guy who does my hair the kind of haircut I wanted. Both she and I are still wearing the same hair style.

Was it by any chance the blond model with the very short haircut? I loved that look.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Was it by any chance the blond model with the very short haircut? I loved that look.

Yes ... that's my hairdo!

Valued Contributor

I have a fair amount of Chico's items. They fit me well and last a long time.
Respected Contributor

I also thought of the blond model! Nice! I recently purchased a few lace tops, I like them and glad that lace is back.
Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Yes ... that's my hairdo!

Beautiful style! May I ask how often you have to have it trimmed? It seems like a very precision cut. I'd love this if the 'up keep' is manageable.