Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 3/29)

Good morning, shopping friends. I awakened to a nippy 14 degrees this morning. It was expected that we might have a record low last night for this date. Right now, it is still cold but it is sunny---and the sun makes a great difference.

I have no idea what QVC, HSN or Amazon is pushing today as I have no desire to shop. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday in the city at 2:30pm. Since I have no desire to shop, I'll leave home after lunch just in time to get there for the appointment.

I had planned to do more decluttering today but I'm just not in the mood to do much of anything. I've even forgotten to eat at times. I do have to make a run to the drug store this afternoon to pick up some of my meds that are being refilled. That will take a whopping ten to fifteen minutes of the day's exciting agenda. I will get back to doing more things in the afternoon sometime but this morning I just wanted to relax.

I'm just going through a phase partly because of the unknowns that lie ahead. It is three weeks until I was going to return to Hawaii, but that trip is very much up in the air. If it has to be canceled then it will be. There is nothing more exciting than staying home and taking care of medical concerns. I'm not alone in going through things such as this and life moves forward. It was just a highlight of the Spring and was tied into my birthday.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 3/29)

I did relocate a couple of more things for donation to the car to get them out of the house. Some progress today!

If you feel your life is out of control then set some easy goals that you can accomplish and work toward achieving them. Then increase the level of difficulty of some of the goals but always make sure you can achieve them. Achievement leads to believing you can control some things in life.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Jean, I hope you can take your trip, as I know you've been looking forward to it very much. It would be a great way to de-stress. I don't usually do too much on Sundays as I have the rest of the week to work on things. I hope you'll get good news at your appointment.

Does anyone have something in your house that's just there? Like it's become part of the scenery in the room? For us, I realized it was a medicine cabinet in the downstairs bath. We've had for years but there was very little in it, as we have one above the vanity.

I emptied it and took it down today. We're thrilled with how much bigger the room looks without it. It kind of broke up the long wall in the room. The contents of the cabinet fit easily in the vanity, so now it's one less thing to clean around here. I love it! pinky

Respected Contributor

Jean...you have every right to feel the way you do..until the unknown becomes known. You have many people with their arms around you. I believe in guardian Angels and I envision yours with her wings enfolding you. You are in my prayers. ((((((Hugs)))))
Valued Contributor

Jean, I'm glad you're making progress in your paring down! I want to travel as lightly as I can through this life, so I guess I was wrong thinking I was done passing things along. I don't think I'll ever be truly done. A few things came to mind yesterday, like the cabinet, and there's no better time than the present to let go... I read last night, someone comparing living minimally, with the way a butterfly goes through life. I love that! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Ann--Good job on taking care of that item that just existed but didn't really serve a purpose. We should do more of that. I don't think we are ever finished with letting things go.

Barbara--I have a sneaky hunch there is more to be done. He told me to stay off the blood thinner for ten more days. That time covers the appointment time plus more time to do something extra. You are so eloquent in the way you express thoughts! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Jean..thanks for the compliment. I had some poetry published when I was in college and have always loved to write.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, I also woke up to nippy temps. I really need some warm weather. Like you I need to do some decluttering around here but I am just feeling the love. Guess I need to pull myself from the computer that may help. Glad you found a few more items to rename. My goal is to go to my junk room, sorry, second bedroom and declutter at least one item a day, haven't done it yet today but I will. The garbage goes out today so I do need to get moving.

Pinky - Glad the removal of the vanity worked out, sometimes you just have to think outside the box. I like the reference to the butterfly, good thing to remember while I clean stuff out.

Well not much going on here today, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--One item a day removed is 365 items a year! Keeping the motivation going is the key, as well as staying away from the computer and the Kindle. Let's not forget the distractions of calls, etc. or the spotting of something else to be done and that is tackled before the other is completely finished.

Speaking of the Kindle, I have a book to finish.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, It is not cold here buy rainy. We have had so much sunshine that I really miss the warmth in the house from it. I hope that you do get to go on your trip, but as I know all to well that medical concerns come first. I did a lot of resting before our trip & I am still enjoying my daily nap. Our lives have been somewhat out of control for almost 14 years, so yes I totally agree little things getting done make me happy. I know that God has me in the palm of his hand too so that is always a blessing for us. Jean you are always in my prayers too. Without prayers & a loving family I wouldn't have gotten this far in my disease. Good luck with your appt. on Tuesday.

Pinky, Good job on some more decluttering. The only things that we have sitting around are pictures. I love looking at the DC, their spouses & the DCG so they will always be there. They make me happy as we don't see our family as much as we would like to. We still have our wedding picture above the high boy in our bedroom. We looked so young back then.

Sydsgma, I am by no means a writer, but our 10 year old DGD is very good at it already.

DH woke up early this morning with a cough & runny eyes. I went to church alone & am trying to stay away from him as much as I can today. I will be in the guest bedroom tonight. Tomorrow I have an 8:50 appt. in Madison so I hope he is good enough to take me. I will be discussing my infusion schedule with my neurologist after he gets done testing my different nerve responses. I like the every 6-8 week plan that I have been on for a long time, so I hope it stays the same. It is a good hour drive so we will be leaving early. My microwave is acting up so I was hoping to purchase a new one tomorrow too. The door doesn't want to open properly. I can't live one day without it. My old one is almost 9 years old & a Panasonic. I love it & would love to get another one just like it.

Hugs to all of you.