Regular Contributor
A slub knit top with sequins for $76.00????? Item number A261151. This is just highway robbery! It's called charging sky high prices because you can. That top is NOT worth $76.00 and I don't care how many sequins are on it. I've seen tops in other stores loaded with sequins and they don't cost this much.
Respected Contributor

Then you can shop at the ""other stores"" and know you got a bargain!

Trusted Contributor
Seems nuts to me too but I know a lot of women like her designs. I ordered a top from her once. It was literally a piece of junk and back it went These clothes just aren't for me
Regular Contributor
On 3/27/2015 Alsee said: Seems nuts to me too but I know a lot of women like her designs. I ordered a top from her once. It was literally a piece of junk and back it went These clothes just aren't for me
I like some of her clothes, but others, for the price, are indeed junk. For example, the high-low hem terry sweatshirt with hood (it was a TSV last year). Robertson raved about how soft it is, like a baby blanket, etc. Yeah, until you wash and dry it. Mine pilled terribly inside. It feels like when you sleep on flannel sheets that are full of pills. I should have returned it.
Super Contributor

I happen to like LOGO and think the prices are fair. I bought the maize!

The embellishment isn't just ""sequins."" They are chiffon appliques with sequins and beads.

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, the prices can be high, but as in all higher end fashions it is all about the cut. I have bought similar style tops like Logo at Marshall's for $16-$24, and while I like them, they just don't have the same sweep that Logo has. And no pockets which I love. If you like Logo, check the "as is" items on the Q. I have bought quite a few pieces at lower prices that have been perfect. For example, I bought the previous sequened top similar to today's TSV for $30.
Regular Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Kathleen said:

The embellishment isn't just "sequins." They are chiffon appliques with sequins and beads.

I will be interested to hear what you think after you have washed the garment several times. The fabric is very thin so the sequins and bead stitching will loosen quickly, but much worse is that the fact that the chiffon appliques that look so nice are not hemmed and the fabric will shred no matter how carefully you wash it. I have had a top like this and the only thing I could think of was to "trim" the petals to make them look neat but eventually it is just awful looking and not wearable.

Super Contributor
On 3/28/2015 CHEX said:
On 3/28/2015 Kathleen said:

The embellishment isn't just "sequins." They are chiffon appliques with sequins and beads.

I will be interested to hear what you think after you have washed the garment several times. The fabric is very thin so the sequins and bead stitching will loosen quickly, but much worse is that the fact that the chiffon appliques that look so nice are not hemmed and the fabric will shred no matter how carefully you wash it. I have had a top like this and the only thing I could think of was to "trim" the petals to make them look neat but eventually it is just awful looking and not wearable.

The edges are left raw so that they will fray ... it's a design element.

ETA: I have no problem with beads and sequins. I know how to deal with garments that require extra care.

Super Contributor
On 3/28/2015 MFitz said: Yes, the prices can be high, but as in all higher end fashions it is all about the cut. I have bought similar style tops like Logo at Marshall's for $16-$24, and while I like them, they just don't have the same sweep that Logo has. And no pockets which I love. If you like Logo, check the "as is" items on the Q. I have bought quite a few pieces at lower prices that have been perfect. For example, I bought the previous sequened top similar to today's TSV for $30.

I have a few tops like these from Marshalls and TJMax, and the fabric is more substantial and the drape is perfect. They don't have pockets, which is a plus, as it's not part of the look that I want. I've had lots of compliments.

I do understand how Logo has a big following, but I can't justify the price, within my own budget.

I also wonder how long this look will be trending, and I won't mind the $15 price tag if it becomes yesterday's news.

Trusted Contributor

She needs to offer more petite tops. I'm a petite, and they just look sloppy on a petite person. To look nice in her clothes, you really need to be tall and thin. Otherwise, they look like a hot mess.