Super Contributor

It used to be a fashion faux pas to wear different metals but no so much anymore. Do you feel comfortable wearing gold and silver together?

Honored Contributor

Yes I wear white gold, yellow gold, rose gold & sterling silver all at the same time sometimes. I always wear my white gold wedding ring & a yellow gold cigar band ring.

Honored Contributor

I bought a silver watch with gold accents and now everything matches - problem solved.

Respected Contributor
For my personal taste I can't. It just feels weird to me. Same goes with shoes and zippers that have gold on them.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I've been mixing metals for years. I think it began when I bought a bracelet many, many years ago that is alternating links of white gold, yellow gold and rose gold. I've never looked back! I'm very comfortable mixing metals….to a point.

Respected Contributor

Not so much gold and silver, but often two toned gold looks!

Trusted Contributor
On 3/27/2015 hsawaknow said: For my personal taste I can't. It just feels weird to me. Same goes with shoes and zippers that have gold on them.

ITA... including shoes and zippers as you mentioned, and buttons; belt buckles; metal on handbags. I'm very careful when I shop and prefer items w/o metal altogether.

Respected Contributor

I don't care what "they" say because "they" are trying to sell stuff to me. No, I do not mix my metals. I'll blame it on the way I was taught. You don't mix metals and you should always match (or closely coordinate) you handbag/shoes/belts. That's my comfort zone and there's really no reason for me to change now. I have a huge jewelry collections so there would never be an occasion where I had to mix my white and yellow metals. Over the winter, I did put together a tri-tone suite of jewelry. Just because I like the tri-tone look.

Super Contributor

I can't mix them close together. I have a yellow gold wedding ring, so my watch on my left wrist has to match. I can wear silver on my right wrist/fingers.

I can't wear silver earrings and a gold necklace or vice versa, they have to match.

I love items that have both colors, it does make matching easier.

Honored Contributor
I love mixing. I think I started with tri-color single pieces, now I do it all the time- don't even think about it.