Trusted Contributor

GILI is Lisa Robertson line end of story

I watched the new girl I wasn't impressed at all. She didn't sell the line the way LR did. You have to understand GILI was created by QVC and LR because they would get so many calls about what Lisa was wearing they were her own couture clothes. She ate lived and breathed GILI and anytime it was on LR show she would sell out of it all. While I give her credit for trying she was GILI period end of story
Regular Contributor

Re: GILI is Lisa Robertson line end of story

And Lisa left...end of story

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it obvious that they should contract with Jennifer Lopez to represent the line? Seems like a no-brainer.

Contributor

On 3/27/2015 fallsnow56 said:

And Lisa left...end of story{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

EXACTLY, people get over it...she was NOT some sort of GOD !!! She was a QVC host and nothing more...

Contributor

GILI is alive and well. The TSV bag sold like crazy. Jill did seem a bit uncomfortable but that will improve with experience. The best products in the GILI line are the handbags. Just like any other brand some will love it and others will not. No need to bash.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm-I looked at the other items presented on the show-skirt, the lace jacket--pretty much every size and color is available. JM didn't sell the backpack- she showed up for a 1 hour show at the end of the day. Doesn't look like she sold much at all. And then she dissed the iconic tassel. Prices across the line were increased by 20-50% upon her arrival. What's to like about it?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Chi-town girl said: Hmmm-I looked at the other items presented on the show-skirt, the lace jacket--pretty much every size and color is available. JM didn't sell the backpack- she showed up for a 1 hour show at the end of the day. Doesn't look like she sold much at all. And then she dissed the iconic tassel. Prices across the line were increased by 20-50% upon her arrival. What's to like about it?
Sounds as though you had a productive day.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 BMPerry said:
On 3/27/2015 fallsnow56 said:

And Lisa left...end of story{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

EXACTLY, people get over it...she was NOT some sort of GOD !!! She was a QVC host and nothing more...

Looks like the middle schools have let out for the day......

Trusted Contributor

No, you are incorrect. The G.I.L.I. line was not from what Lisa wore. It was created from QVC and her to bring in a very high-priced upper crust line of apparel and accessories that they couldn't pass off in the regular lines. She did help select the items from her travels and she presented it as the representative. But don't be fooled as to why and how it came into being. It was a well -move on QVC's part to sell at higher prices to those willing to pay the prices, and Lisa was just the girl to make you desire to do so.

Insidious direct marketing at its finest !! And it does work as you well know ! More power to those who can and are willing to afford it. I won't pay those prices because I believe it isn't necessary for me to dress well.

Super Contributor

AMEN,

They need to leave Lisa alone.

It is Q's brand, Lisa SOLD it every time she was on with it. Jill-not so much.