Trusted Contributor

Do You Prefer Leather Shoes and Handbags to Other Materials??

I have always worn leather shoes and carried leather handbags as they wear so well and feel great to the touch. Also, the shoes breathe which makes them so comfortable.

Which do you prefer??

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Prefer Leather Shoes and Handbags to Other Materials??

I prefer leather for my shoes but I would not be adverse to buying a handbag that wasn't leather.

Valued Contributor

I have one cotton coated LV purse with leather trim. But overall, would rather carry a good leather bag. As for shoes, anything goes for me- satin thong sandals, espadrilles with canvas, Ryas etc..

Esteemed Contributor

I try never to use leather ( skin ) ever. Just a personal choice. Thank goodness we're all able to have one here.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I'm having fun experimenting with all types...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Yes, I prefer leather.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I prefer leather for my shoes but I would not be adverse to buying a handbag that wasn't leather.

Yep me too, leather or canvas for shoes. I don't mind good faux leather in a handbag, but I will not pay big bucks for faux leather or other materiel. I think triple digit prices for faux leather or canvas is outrageous, I don't care who's name is on the bag.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I do like leather handbags but just find them too heavy sometimes. Just ordered the Vera Bradley handbag that was a lunch time special today. I do prefer a lighter handbag during the Summer and love the print. I have several of hers. As for shoes and sandals I have little of all types of fabric but mostly leather.

Super Contributor

I don't care one way or the other. Style and color are all that matter to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a leather lover and would certainly opt for that material when dressing up. I am open to and often like fabric, i.e., canvas or woven (as in the Sak ) for casual attire. One thing, however, I will not wear is faux leather, pleather or plastic.