Contributor

G.I.L.I. Outrageous Price Increase

I've noticed that almost all of the G.I.L.I. regular price items have just been increased a minimum of $10 up to $50 which is just ridiculous...
Trusted Contributor

Re: G.I.L.I. Outrageous Price Increase

Yes, it is as it is not quality stuff. We will see how long the Lisa Robertson followers stay with the brand. Not knocking Lisa-it's just that she could sell anything to ALMOST everyone because people wanted to emulate her. This new TSV backpack was around before she left. I am surprised it is not a new item for a TSV. Okay-now I had better brace myself for people accusing me of dissing Lisa.

Respected Contributor

No, that was not a diss. It did take a salesperson like Lisa to carry it off--and now with the prices?????

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree that it would take someone with style that women could look to for example to sell the look at that high price. It was good that the 2 Jills were not on today. To take a person that is a Kardashian type stylista with a host who dresses in very classic, tailored suit dressing, albeit expensive, I do not think will work. G.I.L.I. sells a lifestyle and needs people who credibly live that style to sell it.

Contributor

I didn't look hard enough as some of the items have been increased as much as $100 or more. Way to go in getting rid of the inventory QVC. I'm no longer a G.I.L.I. fan....
Super Contributor

You're so right. I just noticed that the A261874 G.I.L.I. Italian Leather Triple Zip Dome Satchel went up $50 in the last week. What on earth warrants these high prices?! The GILI items have not established that kind of quality. Actually, all of the new bags have gone up by at least $50 in the last week, and they were high before. The mini fringe hobo is now $300! GILI is making Dooney's look like a bargain. Ridiculous. They deserve to be stuck with that inventory forever.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know why anyone pays those high prices for that line. Take a breath, most of it ends up on clearance, anyway.

Valued Contributor

Just saw this thread, I replied on another thread that the GILI obi leather belt went from $73 to $86, I was going to order the belt at the lower price 2 days ago, but not now!!

Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't own an item with the brand name GILI...! Got it Love it, who cares if you have it and love it...!

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something. Has our economy suddenly returned to "boom" times? Is everyone gainfully employed at high-paying jobs, with big raises every year? Have we all paid off our debts, and have lots of disposable income?... This must all be true, otherwise the Q wouldn't be raising their prices so dramatically.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~