Valued Contributor

Who gets up early in the morning.......

and finds the sound of birds outside is wonderful? I do! I love the morning doves cooing, and the little song birds singing their favorite morning song.

I also have a female cardinal that has decided to get on the window sill and keep a very close eye on us!

I have to get out hummingbird feeder, and fill the bird feeders!

Respected Contributor

Re: Who gets up early in the morning.......

I love waking up with rest of the world. So calming yet invigorating at the same time .unfortunately I am not always that disciplined as I am naturally a night owl!
Frequent Contributor

I'm there with you!! I'm up every morning at 5 a.m. to fix breakfast for the hubby and see him off to work. After he leaves, I enjoy my coffee out on the deck (weather permitting) and listen to the early morning sounds and to watch the sun rise. It's so amazing!! (at night, we get serenaded by a symphony of frogs! Life is good!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Let's see.

Up at 5 a.m. to listen to birds vs. turning over in my warm cozy bed knowing I can sleep hours more.

Not even a contest for me. But enjoy those birdies!

Super Contributor

I love to get up just before sunrise and open a window in my sunroom and sit with my coffee, a granola bar and my favorite coconut Greek yogurt and just listen to the all the birds singing. It's so quiet then, before people and their endless noise pollution ruin the day. You would not believe all the birds you can hear at that time of the day. You won't hear them any other time. It's so peaceful and a lovely start to the day. I also feed the birds, so I can also watch all the cardinals and titmice and sweet little chickadees come to the feeder and birdbath. Wouldn't take anything for it. Smile

Frequent Contributor

On 3/25/2015 expatgal said:

Let's see.

Up at 5 a.m. to listen to birds vs. turning over in my warm cozy bed knowing I can sleep hours more.

Not even a contest for me. But enjoy those birdies!

LOL!! So true!! But, I'm up already so............But, come the weekend.....I'm turning over too!

Esteemed Contributor

Wake up early. I hear flocks of geese pass overhead, since I'm a few houses up from a lake. Love hearing the rain, but always hope it ends by the time I go outside. Sadly, though, I get sleepy earlier in the evening. When did this happen?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I leave my house at 4:45am so the birds are still sleeping... But I do like hearing them in the backyard on the weekends! What a nice spring-like topic!

Super Contributor

I get up early. I have a bird feeder in the backyard, which the cardinals and other smaller birds are attracted to. I love the cardinals they make me happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the birds singing anytime of day. My cardinals are evening feeders at our birdfeeders. Almost dark when they come. Thanks for a sweet happy post,Lori!
Trees are the lungs of the Earth