Respected Contributor

I have been so disappointed on my last several purchases of Denim & Co. I have gotten items from the new active line and other items have just been "regular" tops. I order my usual size (I haven't changed in size) and they're either too small or way too big. I have never had this problem before. In the past I've ordered plenty of Denim & Co clothing and never had a problem. I just received a shirt that I just ordered, I put it on and I said to myself "OMG, are you kidding me?!" It looked just awful, so awful. Anyone else having this problem? Should I email customer service to explain my returns so I don't get into trouble for returning too much?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have had that problem...just recently....I stick to D&Co.....as they use to fit the same no matter what I bought in that line....

I am looking for a white jean jacket....the style I wanted the white sold out...so I chose another style and the dang thing wouldn't button...according to the size chart it was suppose to be the same as the first style....but it didn't...had to send them back...

Now I am afraid to try another style for the same reason...what the heck is going on with the Q......why the inconsistencies....

Respected Contributor

It's funny that you mention the Denim & Co denim jacket. I didn't buy it for that same reason. When shown on air, I noticed no one seems to button the jacket up. Especially the hosts. When I saw one particular host wearing it and again not buttoned and so wide open, I said to myself "that would never button on her in that size." Though she said it was her normal size.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I have had problems with sizing inconsistencies in Denim & Co, I've never had a problem with their jean jackets. In D&Co tops, sometimes I take a medium and sometimes a small (I always check the "click here" measurements). But I have several styles of their jean jackets, and the medium always fits. I have some of the regular ones in antique denim, dark indigo & chambray, and a total of 6 of the 3/4 sleeve spring/summer color jackets.

I don't know why, but the medium always fits in the jean jackets and also in their coats. Tops and jeans are a different story. I have had to send some tops back and re-order in a different size, but mostly, if I check the measurements before ordering, I don't have a problem. Lately, I usually take a small, so maybe they have started making everything slightly larger, because my body hasn't changed.

Occasional Contributor

I do love the clothing I see on TV by D&C, but, I do have a question. When you go to the garment actual measurement chart....do you add 1-2 inches to get the correct size to adjust for body movement...I am just sort of confused. Thank you ladies...I appreciate your help.

Respected Contributor
On 3/31/2015 1OldDoll said:

I do love the clothing I see on TV by D&C, but, I do have a question. When you go to the garment actual measurement chart....do you add 1-2 inches to get the correct size to adjust for body movement...I am just sort of confused. Thank you ladies...I appreciate your help.

I do not know the answer to your question exactly. What I do that so far has worked (ok crosses her fingers and knocks on wood) is of course check the basic sizing guide and compare my measurements. Then I check the chart you are referring to and compare it to the actual measurement of several garments I have in my closet that have the same material / stretch /ease . button /zip/& smooth garment before measuring. Then I sometimes gamble and order!{#emotions_dlg.blink} Has worked pretty well so far for pants at least.

It seems like a lot of trouble , but I do like D&C's waistlines for my self as with me it changes according to diet and exercise. I have found D&C pants waists allow for ease when larger without a lot of bulky gathers when waist is smaller. Also I have never found the variety of color choices in B&M stores that D&C offers.

I did send back a top this winter that I ordered according to the sizing chart in a large and it was huge. Also once I ordered a couple of coats that the host said to 'size up' , I did and the same thing with them.

OP if I were you with your experiences I would contact cs . The designer has a facebook page that he is always asking for people to look at. You might try that.

Valued Contributor

I love, love, love the D&C knit denim 5 pocket jeans and bought several colors both in regular and petite. They were all over the map in sizing...some tight, some too long, some too short...and the black and indigo colors seemed like they were a thinner, less "woven" material and would get holes easy. I sent some back, but I still love the ones I kept.
They need to get their sizing more uniform, as some were WAY off!

New Contributor

I have the same issue with Denim and Co. Inconsistent sizing! This is no way to run a business! What do we have to do to get the company to have better quality control? Is the company even listening to the customer complaints?

Super Contributor

I no longer order clothing from Q due to the wildly inconsistent sizing. But if I got something that did not match the click here sizing then I would be on the phone for defective merchandise, asking for a free return and full refund.