Valued Contributor

I have been looking online at J Crew Factory and was just wondering if the inventory is what didn't sell at J Crew? Kind of like Nordstrom Rack? I tend to rely somewhat on reviews and am hesitant because nothing is reviewed on that site.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes and no apply here. It's long been a fairly wide industry practice for retailers which operate factory/outlet stores to create and manufacture products for the express purpose of being sold at their outlet locations. However, some of the retailers do indeed ship overstock from the inventory of their main stores to their factory/outlet stores. FYI: Nordstrom is on the list of the retailers which do this to fill Rack stores.

Honored Contributor
At JC Factory it is all made for the factory store. I think leftovers from retail go to their warehouse sales in Virginia or some place in the south I buy more at factory than the retail side
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies! Do they ever have coupon codes for J Crew Factory? I have a couple things picked out but don't want to act too fast.

Honored Contributor
On 3/4/2015 Lanikins said:

Thanks for the replies! Do they ever have coupon codes for J Crew Factory? I have a couple things picked out but don't want to act too fast.

They often do online. Sign up for e'mails. I have a few of the necklaces from the factory. It's very hit or miss. Some are very cheaply made and others are really nice. I mainly buy my statement piece necklaces from the "regular" J. Crew, but I have 3 from the Factory.

The Factory clothing doesn't interest me. It's clothing made specifically for the factory, and the quality, imo, isn't there for most of it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"