Honored Contributor

(I'm a senior citizen, so indulge me please!) What is the attraction to jeans with holes in them? I just don't get the "allure". I just don't get this as a fashion item. What am I missing? (Please….I not trying to start a "war" here. I really just don't get the appeal.) Thanks!

Respected Contributor

As a senior citizen you probably wouldn't get it. But I do remember this always being a fashion statement, no matter what the year.

Valued Contributor

I like them because they look a little edgy, rock 'n roll, on trend. Definitely not office wear, but super cute on the weekends or casual nights out. I think you either like them or you don't. I love them!

Trusted Contributor

I'm considered a senior citizen and just bought some for casual wear. Agree with Lanikins.

Honored Contributor
I'm not a senior, but I don't get it either. The only explanation l can think of, is that if the fashionistas say it's young and chic, the fashion slaves will follow along, like sheep following the herd.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I remember when my brother fell and ripped his pants and my mother would iron on patches.

Now people pay to buy ripped denim that was once considered damaged!

Women, never throw out your old now vintage clothing!

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Lanikins said:

I like them because they look a little edgy, rock 'n roll, on trend. Definitely not office wear, but super cute on the weekends or casual nights out. I think you either like them or you don't. I love them!

I agree!!!! I wear them on weekends and love them. They are edgy and just kind of cool looking right now.......I only own one pair and I love them, and even my daughters were shocked when I bought them!!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Doglvr: 'Before we know it', the next big trend will be patches over holes! (Another million dollar idea, and still no check....lol) {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

As others have said here, jeans with holes/rips look a little edgy, so that is their appeal. I like a ripped jean look;it looks fashion forward. But I like the rips/tears to be minimal.

I just hate when it is over-done for everyday wear.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 sparklestar said:

As a senior citizen you probably wouldn't get it. But I do remember this always being a fashion statement, no matter what the year.

A fashion statement ? ..... what is it stating ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I'm not a senior either, but I think it has always looked SLOPPY ..... but the fashion lemmings will hear one so-called "fashion expert" say it is hip, edgy and cool, and they will all run out and buy them .... go figure.

Meanwhile, the fashion houses (and "experts") are laughing all the way to the bank! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}