Contributor

It's the product, not the hosts

So I have spent less on the Q in the last three months than ever before. I don't know if it is the new CEO, Lisa's departure, or if I just purchased enough to be done, but none of the product looks interesting to me. I love Shawn, and I love Amy--when they are themselves. I have purchased quite a bit of Isaac in the past (can't beat his cashmere and some of his loafers or cardigans) but even his stuff is starting to look a bit matronly to me. And, how many leather handbags do you need at such a high price point (OrYany)? Or LOGO tops (never did like that style--but understand others do) or shoes that just aren't very fashionable? Shawn and Amy each have a style that just isn't mine. Good for them but I don't have any vendors that I can look at and say--WOW....! Shawn said in her blog that they got rid of the stylists who used to dress the models--I miss those looks. I wear classics, with touches of trends (for decent prices if they will be out of style soon) and have enjoyed the upscale look of GILI without the designer price tag but even the new vest and tops they are offering for GILI tonight are too trendy for my tastes. To me, Lisa sold to a market that otherwise isn't covered here. I just couldn't ever see myself in the dress and shoes Shawn has on or the other items presented tonight. Don't know why the focus has changed so much but would be great to have some upscale options without breaking the bank and without the same old vendors. At least my credit cards are happy. I have been reading all the posts about Shawn and Amy--I don't think it is them. I think it is lack of good product to sell. My two cents.

Valued Contributor

Re: It's the product, not the hosts

Lisa had good taste and class, and I'm into timeless clothes
like she wore.
Trendy comes and goes, her style and grace lasts forever..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Frequent Contributor

OP makes excellent points. Some hosts though, no matter how great the products are they are showing..I cannot stand to watch, their voices get on my last nerve. Albany is one I can't take.
Respected Contributor

OP is so on trend with her statement. True, true, true.

Get rid of the valley girls with squeaky nasal voices. Get rid of the ummmm, ubba made up words, horrible Halloween costume clothes and shoes, just got out of bed hair, frantic over the top hosts and give us Mary Beth, Jane, Jill, Antonella and others that have some sense of style and decorum.

Models running everywhere, vendors running everywhere, hosts running everywhere like they all have had too much caffeine. Host popping up and down from couch to chair like a jumping Jack. OMG SERENITY NOW please.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Cas said:

like she wore.

oh, yes.....those black jeans dragging on the ground for darn near every show were real

"taste"...."class" and 'timeless".....get real...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/3/2015 circles said:
On 3/3/2015 Cas said:

Lisa had good taste and class, and I'm into timeless clothes<br /> like she wore.<br /> Trendy comes and goes, her style and grace lasts forever..

oh, yes.....those black jeans dragging on the ground for darn near every show were real

circles, that's exactly what I was thinking!! Only I was trying to be polite. (Guess I failed!) Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I find it interesting that HSN assigned Colleen Lopez to "The List." She is neither young nor trendy, but somehow pulls off one of HSN's top fashion shows.

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Cas said:

like she wore.

This is why, in Lisa's case, I CARED who the host was. She wore the kind of pants that I like to wear (so sorry that many didn't); then, a black cami and she could, right there on camera, change out the look with different tops over it/different accessories. Why do the TPTB refuse to try out another host using this method????? This change-out made so much sense to me... it fits my lifestyle. Does everybody else constantly adjust shoe height so they can properly wear 1) leggings 2) slim jeans 3) bootcut and 4) large purse 5) small purse and 6) eternity scarf for indoors 7) eternity scarf for warmth? Not me... I live the simple life of turtleneck/bootcut jeans/athletic shoes/change out of jewelry. Pattern is usually Vera bag.

The rest of it is too complicated for my life. It is more than I want to deal with.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Harpa said:
On 3/3/2015 circles said:
On 3/3/2015 Cas said:

Lisa had good taste and class, and I'm into timeless clothes<br /> like she wore.<br /> Trendy comes and goes, her style and grace lasts forever..

circles, that's exactly what I was thinking!! Only I was trying to be polite. (Guess I failed!) Smiley Happy

Wholeheartedly agree, ladies. She was hardly a style icon. Circles took the words out of my mouth.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree as well. I've been a QVC customer for a long time. In the past few years product quality has declined dramatically. Even my favorite designer, Louis del Olio, has been forced to cheapen his line. My closet is filled with his great designs from years past. QVC powers- that-be have definitely opted for quantity above quality. The hosts are challenged to sell inferior goods.