Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 2/26)

Good Morning, Ladies! Our weather is nice, hope yours isn't too bad. I know that the public schools in DD's area are closed today due to another snow storm. Not a fun winter for them.

I plan to go to Curves and hope to take a walk this morning. This afternoon, I have my two "classes" (British history and British mystery writers). As of late yesterday afternoon, the doctors office didn't get my osteoporosis medicine in, so I will probably be having my injection tomorrow. Certainly hope you will be able to make your appointments tomorrow and Monday, Jean.

When I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw some T-shirt tunics that looked nice and were on sale. But, there was no time to try one on. Perhaps I will check again tomorrow. The TSV wedges are cute, but not practical for me.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen (I think you would really like the lady moving to Fort Worth, and I'll let you know when/if she performs), twinny, pinky ann, Marijane (sprayed by a skunk -- yuck!), LindaR, Susan, Gayle, Karen, Rosa, cerb, Kelli, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 2/26)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope that the WalMart tunics are available to check out when you return. I have found some tops there in the past that worked well for me and the price was right, especially is it is something that you just want for the season. Enjoy Curves and the walk; I do hope the injection tomorrow goes well.

I did my taxes this morning and e-filed them. I then decided to go outside and see what I could do with the ice still remaining on the driveway. The sun and ice melt stuff did not do anything yesterday. While I was in the process of scraping and chopping, some man drove up the hill street, stopped and wanted to know if I would like for him to do that. I have never seen the person but I was not going to turn down the offer. He didn't want any money but that is a chore and deserves some payment, so I gave him some money...about half of what the lawn person charges. He is out there working still.

We do have snow in the forecast but it isn't expected to amount to much tonight. I'll have to leave early tomorrow for the appointment. I'll drink the first bottle of junk before I leave, and I'll drink the second bottle about an hour before my appointment which means I have to drink it on the road. Yuck!

I think the TSV is cute but with that type of shoe, I can wear either an 8 or an 8-1/2. It is a type of shoe I have to try on. I have Clarks sandals as well as Orthoheel sandals but since I am vertically challenged, the height of these does appeal to me.

I'm watching the Clarks show right now, and I love that blue jacket Pat is wearing. The color of blue is one that I really like as I like intense shades.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies:

Oh how nice someone offered to help. I have been avoiding looking at my taxes. Know I will have to face the""music"" and do them.

Linda: Your classes sound so interesting. Enjoy. I know your lady will be missed.

We are expecting the next blast to come in today and be miserable tomorrow. Cold and Cold.

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends! Linda thank you for starting us! The North wind blew in this morning and as I left the house it tried to blow me down the street! It's funny about finding clothes at Walmart - it doesn't happen often but when I find a winner they are usually awesome! I have a couple tops in a couple different colors that I bought there, still great tops.

Jean, I'm so glad you got some help with your driveway! That is cause for celebration.

Linda we did our taxes last week and DH got mad. We don't have to pay, but it

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, nice that someone stopped by and help with your driveway Jean. the same thing happens to us when the town plow comes by and pushes the snow right across ours especially after we have had our driveway plowed.. it is starting to snow here, I thought we were only to get flurries but it is coming down pretty hard now. We still are waing for some forms to come before we can get our taxes ready to send up to our CPA up in MAine....he has been doing them since we lived up there so when we moved we continued to have them do it. We are in no rush though because we always have to write a check to both...as we do every three months thru-out the year. Hope your testing goes well tomorrow and Monday and the weather cooperates.

Enjoy your classes this afternoon LindaL and hopefully you will get your shot tomorrow.

I had gone out last night to look at the night sky....I usually go up on the deck off the guest room to look but wanted to look at the Sky from the front of the house. I went out and Pepe LE Pew was strolling around too....but I saw him too late...he ran also but not before he sprayed me! What a smell. I had stuff I would use on my dog,she thought skunks were her friends......so I used that and also sprayed Don Aslett x-0 around. I realized they were the same thing.....the dog one was called Natures Miracle....it is in a 32 oz bottle and I had bought it for 6.99 several yrs ago in the pet store...I went to check on the one from QVC but I guess he doesn't sell cleaning stuff anymore ,I just saw kitchen towels. I guess Imjust wanted to see how much he charged. Anyway the smell is pretty much gone..thank goodness.

Not much else going on..I guess the excitement of the month here was being sprayed by a skunk.... Have an nice afternoon everyone, Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

LL, I hope that you enjoy your classes today. I did get a nice thin top with a few sparkles for $2.50 a few weeks ago at one of our shops. It will be nice for our vacation & when the summer heat is upon us. Our Wal-Mart is not very nice so I don't go very often. Hope you find what you saw yesterday & that it fits.

Jean, It was nice of that fellow to offer to help you. It is always worse when it is an icy mixture. Good luck with drinking the "yucky" stuff tomorrow. The most important thing though is that your tests turn out good. I like the TSV, but I have a hard time finding comfy shoes so I need to try them on first. I did buy a nice wedge sandal last summer from Easy Spirit. It is about a 2" wedge & sort of a lighter gold/silver metallic. It goes with everything & has memory foam so that is a real plus for me right now.

Linda R, Your temps are interesting for this time of year too. We took our tax info to our tax lady almost two weeks ago. I like getting it done & out of the way. Last year we paid in so that was not a nice surprise. This year we get a little back.

We got about 3" of snow yesterday. It was light when DH used the snow blower last evening. Today it is very sparkly & beautiful as it is sunny. It is cold but the sunshine is nice in the house today again. It is supposed to be cold tomorrow & Saturday with a warming trend starting Sunday. Then they say a snow/sleet mixture for next Tuesday. That could be interesting for us as we usually just get snow. Our friends that are both sick now got about 5" of snow yesterday. She still has a cough but her DH has a sore throat & cough.

I talked to mom this morning & she said that she has decided to get the eye injection next Monday. I will take her & I am praying for some better results. She said the shadow is getting worse in her eye.

Yesterday I took a longer nap than planned on so I missed hot tub time. Today we will do spa time as soon as we eat lunch. Then maybe nap time. I went to bed late last night only to be woke up by a noisy truck at 12:30 a.m. It was 3 guys shoveling our neighbors driveway for him. They are very quick as it took them about 5 minutes & then they drove away. They have come several other times always about 9:30 p.m. Since we have had very few snowstorms this year I think they are shoveling/plowing all day & night today.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, what an unwanted experience last evening with "Pepe." I haven't seen one by our house, but we see lots of road kill with them involved.

I just found out that one of my classmates passed away yesterday from a stroke. I guess they had been treating him for cancer too. We went to school together from grade school through HS. He lived a block away from where I live now & I can see his house from here. He was an attorney & lived about 5 hours away from here. If the funeral was in our hometown, I would go for sure. He was married but no family.

pinky, your decorating sounds nice yet simple. Just my type of decorating. Fall is my favorite time of year to decorate the home.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Well, we ended up with 7-8" of snow, and by the reactions of people on the town's FB page, you'd think it was 7 or 8 FEET! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Businesses on the main street closed early yesterday, and people are saying they need a 4WD to drive in this weather. It's somewhat warmer today - in the 40s - but there's still a lot of snow on the ground and in the yard; the dogs had some fun playing in it earlier. I went out to check the bird feeder to make sure my furry little friends had food, and since I had both hands full and there are only three steps down from the porch I didn't hold the railing...my feet slid out from under me and I ended up on my behind, which is now hurting...just as the sciatica was getting better. (sigh) {#emotions_dlg.crying} The yard still looks - as twinny put it - sparkly and beautiful, but I guess that'll change as the dogs go out to play more and more in it.

I got my paper, which ended up being 30 pages long, finished early yesterday and it was submitted before 8 p.m. which made me feel good, since it's not due until Sunday night. I have one more to write which is only half that length; between today and tomorrow I hope to get it done.

I don't "have" to do a tax return since I only worked PT for a couple of weeks and had so little income, but it might be worth seeing if I get some sort of earned income credit -every bit helps!

LindaL, I've found many cute items on clearance at Walmart in the past, often for only a dollar or two. I like to pick up things for the care packages I send my BFF and also keep an eye out for the elderly aunt who likes to open presents.

Marijane, sounds like you had an interesting evening! I love that X-O; I get it from Amazon. I just recently got a 32 oz. bottle of the concentrate for $24 with no S&H.

Glad you got someone to help you, Jean. I see a lot of the snow on my porch has melted but I rarely use the front door; the only problem area I have is the back steps, but I expect that will be melted by tomorrow. I really need to get out of the house - I'm getting cabin fever; maybe I'll go out to eat tomorrow and get to the bank. I'm also almost out of toothpaste - Walmart didn't have any of the fluoride-free one I use when I went last time, so I'll have to check another one.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to think that with March arriving next week that all this nasty weather is behind us. I do remember, however, that we had a big snow on March 17 last year. Our summer was more like Spring and people were very late planting things. Memorial Day which is usually very warm was chilly last year.

Arlene--Hope you don't have any lasting repercussions from the fall down the icy steps. Good job on getting the paper done early. The next one shouldn't take as much time, but you need to get out and take care of that cabin fever.

Marijane--I don't remember the last time I saw a Pepe LePue. Someone had killed one on the road and as I passed, the car sucked up the scent. Not good! Even worse is what you experienced.

Twinny--Sorry about your classmate. Several of mine have already died, so each is always a reminder of borrowed time. Your wedge sandal from last summer sounds very nice. I'll be looking in the stores but this style is something I definitely have to try on.

Kathleen--I know you are excited about DD's next adventure, and you will be sharing your letters. I saw on the boot camp website that they permit newbies to write letters home on Sunday and holidays.

LindaR--I feel the same way about taxes but with all the tests coming up and the procedure on Monday, I thought I should get them out of the way.

I did get a delivery from Amazon. During one of my night's of surfing Facebook, there was an ad in my timeline promoting a 4 piece bakeware set which normally sells for $28 for $5 with the coupon. You add to click through which took you to Amazon where the bakeware was described and the price. The reduced price was reflected when checking out. I thought it would be a nice inexpensive gift to keep on hand. The reviews were good. It is a very nice looking bakeware set for that price and it has almost a 5 star review. Elite Bakeware NonStick Baking Pans Set of 4.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hi Gang!

I just returned a little while ago, from a spur of the moment shopping trip. I've been wanting to go for some time now to look just for myself as my birthday is coming up very soon, and finally did that today. It was a fantastic trip! I had cash saved up as I'd hoped to find several things, so I didn't need to worry about what I spent. I got to Target, Ulta, and TJX.

Target was my first stop for moisturizer, an eye shadow palette, two new lipsticks, and a few other facial products. They carry most of the same ones at Ulta, but cost more there. I use drugstore, as well as Bare Minerals.

In Ulta, I bought my Mineral Veil and Bisque, my favorites for as long as I can remember. I've tried going back to other regular foundations but I always return to these products.

TJX was a winner today. I found a beautiful rose pink Coach handbag, with a removable shoulder strap. It's a medium size bag, with a nicely hidden compartment on the front. It looks like just a detail, but has the neatest hardware to open and close it. I wanted something special I would have for a long time to remember this birthday, as it's a big one. I'll be 60 years old in less than two weeks, and couldn't think of a better way to treat myself than this beautiful bag. I wish I could post a picture for you all........

I also found a nice pair of driving style loafers in black at TJX, as well as a Philosophy shower gel Almonds and Cream, and a cream for eye puffiness. I like Philosophy bath things, but won't pay full price, so I was very happy to find this. It will be fun to try all the new products out, and hopefully find a few I like as much as the B.E. I'm posting this as it's getting long, and I'll try to get back after supper to post to everyone. pinky