Respected Contributor

THANK YOU ISAAC!!!!!!!!!! Longer Dress Listed

I just wrote my review (it has not posted yet) for Item A262845. Thank you, thank you, thank you Isaac!!!!!!!!!! I bought this as soon as I saw the length, color, style and fabric. It has not even been presented yet but when I saw the longer length I had to see how it looked and fit in person. OMG!!!! I love this dress. First of all, it falls just below my knees which is the length I prefer, either in a dress or pencil skirt. I will wear this with high heeled sandals or a wedge. The cut is fitted and hugs my curves, not tight, but so femine, sexy and beautiful. Not dowdy or frumpy in any way. Even my DH loved this on me and could not believe how inexpensive it was. The colors are gorgeous. Yes, I bought all the colors as I could not decide and I am keeping them all! Please bring more dresses this length or even Midi length (tea length). Not all of us ladies are petite or teenagers and prefer this length, especially when wearing heels or even flats for that matter. It is such a flattering look.

Honored Contributor

Re: THANK YOU ISAAC!!!!!!!!!! Longer Dress Listed

Pretty and I also prefer an at knee length.

Respected Contributor

At 44" long this would not be knee-length on me, but of course could be shortened. Seems like a fair price for a nice dress. Loveour--how and where do you plan to wear the dress, work, casual? Do you mind sharing your height?

Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 happygal said:

At 44" long this would not be knee-length on me, but of course could be shortened. Seems like a fair price for a nice dress. Loveour--how and where do you plan to wear the dress, work, casual? Do you mind sharing your height?

happygal: I am 5'7" size M. I am retired so I will wear this dress during the day in the warmer months (hate the maxis as I do not like that "smothered" look of a dress down to my ankles in 90 degree weather, I hardly ever seen women wearing a maxi in the summer around here (NY area) my DH also hates this look - likes my legs{#emotions_dlg.wub}). During the day when I do my errands and run around I will probably wear this with a nice wedge sandal or mid heel sandal (like Aerosoles). For going out in the evening to dinner I will wear this with a higher heel sandal. Seriously, this dress is so well worth the money. Plus if you have any back issues at all, the design covers all imperfections. I usually wear crop pants in the spring/summer but I also love the look of a dress like this.

Trusted Contributor

Glad to see your positive review 4legged (hope you don't mind the abbreviation)Smile because I saw this dress on line yesterday and ordered it. I love the length. Not sure about the stripes and I've never ordered any Isaac pieces before, so I only hope it works for me.

I ordered the green. Blue would had been my first choice but I already have a few blue dresses. It was hard to decide between the remaining colors.

Enjoy your dresses.

Trusted Contributor

I am happy to see knee length dresses also. He has so many cute dresses but they are above the knee, which many women do not wear. Now if he could add longer sleeves to some it would be great.

Super Contributor

That is a cute dress. I'm not into stripes but it is cute. And how nice to see a longer length dress from IM. Most of his dresses are much too short. Especially if you're tall as I am, a dress that falls an inch or two above the knees on shorter women ends up being halfway up my thighs for someone of my height.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Even in retail stores and places like Talbots, Loft, ATaylor etc. the dresses and skirts are much too short. Talbots often has more reasonable at-the-knee lengths than Ann Taylor or Loft however. I don't remember when I've purchased a dress or short skirt from AT or Loft though because they are just too short. All the skirts I have purchased from these stores in the last several years have been maxis.

I prefer a length that hits me at my knees. For me that means about a 40 inch length in a dress.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review, op. I saw this dress on-line like you did and the length appealed to me too, but was afraid to order without knowing anything about it. I did see another reviewer stated the arm holes were too big, did you think so also? I have had bad luck with huge armholes in quite a few Q dresses. The purple version is calling my name, ha.

Frequent Contributor

Love the blue and the purple.
Respected Contributor