New Contributor

Spot removal from curved hem tank

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I am new to QVC, therefore new to LOGO. I LOVE LOGO!! However, I recently received A261754 and wore it for the first time last Friday. Of coarse a small piece of Chinese food dropped on the tank. I put some Spray & Wash on it, then washed it on gentle and hung it to dry. The spot is still there. Any ideas out there on how to get this spot out of the LOGO product. I am retired, on SSI and haven't purchased any clothes since 2007 so can't afford not to wear the tank. Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Spot removal from curved hem tank

I'm know to "abuse" my LOGO. I've been collecting for over 4 years. I wash all of them in warm water and the ultra-clean cycle and throw in the dryer on medium high heat. None have suffered for it.

That said, any staining can come out with that Oxi-Clean gel stick. I'll pre-treat up to several day ahead of washing. Day of washing the stain gets a spray of Shout and then I toss in the washer.

I've never had a stain not come out by doing this.

I'll also note that I use dye free liquid detergent and softener. I have found that the blue (or other colored) detergents and softness tend to leave what looks like grease marks on any rayon based pieces of clothing.

Valued Contributor

Since your garment (A261754) is rayon/spandex .... try this (it works!):

Mix cornstarch 70/30 with cold water, dab on spot with white washcloth, saturating, and more patting .... set 10 min. Rinse in cold water. NOTE: Your problem has been a big complaint with this material over the years.

Valued Contributor

If it's grease, use Dawn.

Esteemed Contributor

Fels-Naptha soap bar. It works wonders and does not harm the fabrics.

Trusted Contributor

Zout (product you can find at Target). Takes out grease like nobody's business.

New Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

A big THANK YOU to all who replied to my question on stain remover!! I am really surprised and happy to hear from all of you!!! Now to try one of the suggestion so I can start enjoying my new clothes!! One of my friends (of over 40 years) told me to check out QVC. She has been a client for about 30 years, so I trust her judgement. However, it might be addicted and hazardous to my financial help!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Occasional Contributor

Hi - I use a squirt of Dawn and a spray of Oxiclean and it works every time. I have lots of Logo , even white and stains come out. I due it right before I put in the washing machine. It even comes out of tops that have been wahed and dried and I did not catch the stain first time aroundSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Dawn works on everything !!

Valued Contributor

I read that shaving cream works. When my daughter was little, she fell in automotive grease. All I had around at that time, was Zest soap. It took all of the black grease off the front of her dress! It is for that reason that I will never use Zest soap on my body.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.